Attire & Accessories Forum

Re: .

• No, it is not your responsibility to find someone to do her hair. And she can where whatever she wants. My stepmother wore a long, ivory sparkly dress to my wedding, and I never said a word.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It sounds a little obnoxious, but you can't really tell her not to wear it without being 1000x more inappropriate yourself, kwim? My MIL picked out her own dress, and while it was great, I wouldn't have told her if I had hated it.

No, it's not your responsibility, but if she brings it up again I would mention that your hair person won't have time. That way she can make other plans and not be surprised day-of.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think it is inappropriate. I actually went shopping with my future MIL and while she picked whatever dress she would be comfortable in, I told her what color to wear. I wanted her and my mom to kind of coordinate with my wedding colors. Better that than her showing up in something outrageous.
    As far as her hair, I agree with the other girls, you are not responsible. I am having 2 hairdressers and make up artists come to a hotel and take care of everyone that day. I decided to take care of my MIL and mother, just because I thought it would be a nice treat, and because seeing as I am marrying her only child, I want her to be as involved in the wedding as possible because this is going to be the only one!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Let her wear what she wants.  My FMIL and Mom are planning on shopping together, but then again my wedding is still a long ways off.  **May I suggest** more than 1 hairdresser for the 7 of you though?  My sister in law had two hairdressers and one makeup artist for nine of us, and we wound up starting the wedding an HOUR late.  Trust me, your bridesmaids don't want to sit in a line waiting all day for their hair to get done.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Dress sounds fine to me. And just be honest with her that the person you've hired is already doing all the bridesmaids too and there probably wouldn't be enought time. But ask her if she needs a recommendation of a stylist she could go near her home and ask your stylist for recommendations. This way you are being honest on why your girl can't do her hair but you're offering to help her find someone else to do her hair. I think it will still show your being helpful & caring which will go along way in the future of your relationship with her
  • What is wrong with her wearing a black lace dress? There is nothing wrong with what she wants to wear.

Both my mother & FMIL picked out purple dresses to wear to the wedding without consulting with me, and neither of them needed to consult with me. My bridesmaids will be wearing purple and so will the mothers. They can wear whatever they want. Don't tell your FMIL what to wear.

It isnt your responsibility to find someone to do her hair and make up though. Just tell her that your hair person is already booked up.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_future-mother-in-laws-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:9d33b44e-3d4d-4e3b-a5d8-83e1944fd7c3Post:3946163f-c61e-4494-9c45-e11706af3173">Re: Future mother-in-law's attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it is inappropriate. I actually went shopping with my future MIL and while she picked whatever dress she would be comfortable in,<strong><font color="#800080"> I told her what color to wear</font></strong>. I wanted her and my mom to kind of coordinate with my wedding colors. Better that than her showing up in something outrageous. As far as her hair, I agree with the other girls, you are not responsible. I am having 2 hairdressers and make up artists come to a hotel and take care of everyone that day. I decided to take care of my MIL and mother, just because I thought it would be a nice treat, and because seeing as I am marrying her only child, I want her to be as involved in the wedding as possible because this is going to be the only one!!
    Posted by cfreesquared[/QUOTE]

Wow.  Seriously?  You <u>told</u> your FMIL what color to wear?  And she humored you?  Stunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards