Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Cocktail Hour Music - Steel Drums

Hi....
I'm looking for a steel drum band for my cocktail hour.  Does anyone know of a good steel drum band that will travel to the Cape?  Thanks.

Re: Cocktail Hour Music - Steel Drums

• edited December 2011
    Hi....
    I'm looking for a steel drum band for my cocktail hour.  Does anyone know of a good steel drum band that will travel to the Cape?  Thanks.
  • tayliataylia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sabtos610 I met a man named Jason at  an bridal expo I want to use steel drums at my wedding being that my family is west Indian its www.steeldrumtech.com I think he is in the Mass or RI area hope it woks let me know I would really love to have it also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Try posting this on the local board. 

I guess I've only heard loud steel drums, I'd just be concerned about the volume.  You want your guests to be able to talk to each other -- not scream over the drums.  :)

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a friends wedding this past April on the Cape and she had a GREAT guy who did the steel drums for her cocktail hour, and the ceremony. He played "Kiss the Girl" from the little mermaid as she walked down the isle! It was awesome! He has the look, the sound and is actually affordable! (He's local to the Cape too I think, they found him at a bar on Main Street in Hyannis one Saturday night performing) His name is Michael Gabriel, and his e-mail is Jamm_Down@hotmail.com  Good Luck!!!

• edited December 2011
    Check out Jefferey from Panneubean Steel (www.panneubeansteel.com). He played the steel drum for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and it was absolutely perfect!  He can come with 1-5 band members so definitely worth looking into!
  • edited December 2011
    My mother and maid of honor hired Jeffery Clayton for my bridal shower. While the shower isn't until August 7th, he has been amazing to keep in contact, has met with their requests and budget. Online he sounds great. I will update after the shower how he is in person. But his link is: http://www.panneubeansteel.com/
    He's traveling to Wareham too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards