Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Here comes a new one~!

Intro to me...well I am about to get out of my car yesterday to go in to work as my boyfriend dropped me off....I reach for the glove compartment and get my hand slapped away! To my surprise I then get told that there is a ring in there I'm not allowed to look at....I might have run excitedly out of the car like a crazy girl and had a shocked/ghastly expression on my face at work for the rest of the day. Of course we've talked about this and when he does end up asking I will say yes.

So that brings me to this. I'm a girl who has never once even thought about what her wedding might acutally look like. So I'm coming at this with a clean slate and ready to start this pre-planning season of my life. The tentative date is July 14...which to me doesn't seem very long to plan. So here's to starting!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Here comes a new one~!

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thats exciting, welcome! There are tons of great ideas on TK and from the ladies on this board, the only problem will be picking from all the great options out there.
    Is July 14 a significant day for you and your BF? Have you both discussed that date previously? The reason I ask is that most preferred venues and vendors in the metroplex book up to a year in advance, and you would be significantly behind the curve, which is an added stress that you may not want to bring upon yourself, especially if you are starting with a blank canvas and lots of visionary decisions to make. Thats not to say it can't be done, just something to think about.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, congrats!  Be sure and post pics of the ring when you get it!  ;)

And like Courtski said, this is a great place to discuss ideas and ask questions so we look forward to helping with all of that.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I was like you -- no idea how my wedding should look.  I have taken tons of inspiration from photographers' blogs, though!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011

Thanks for the welcome :) And no its not a date that's set in stone. We do want it towards the end of July because of scheduling life reasons...but we might end up doing a Sunday wedding instead. I know places book up pretty far in advance, so thankfully with my clean slate board I'll find something I like that can work with what we want! I live near downtown Dallas so I'm going to be keeping everything around this area. And ring pics to come :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!

Sounds like you are open to venues so don't stress too much ... 9 months is plenty of time to plan a wedding.  Just stay organized and focused and remember it won't all go perfectly...    The board is super helpful! 

Me:35 DH:37 TTC#1 since 4/2012 Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, "weak ovulation", all other tests normal. DH: normal

IUI #1 50 Clomid,75 GonalF,Ovidrel,Progesterone = fair response,BFN

IUI #2 150 Gonal F, Ovidrel, Progesterone= awesome response but BFN

IUI#3 225 Gonal F - Cancelled IUI due to early O- TI

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

My Blog

some text image

• LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_here-comes-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c4b4be9d-0ed4-4339-9662-2cc2ed7f2106Post:277a6f9b-9feb-48ef-adc2-b976d598fb38">Re: Here comes a new one~!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Sounds like you are open to venues so don't stress too much ... 9 months is plenty of time to plan a wedding.  Just stay organized and focused<strong> and remember it won't all go perfectly</strong>...    The board is super helpful! 
    Posted by ksgsmu[/QUOTE]

This is like the perfect thing for me to have read today! I really need to put this into reality.

I also agree 9 months is plenty time. My BM planned her wedding in 7 months (her wedding was this July on a Sunday) and it was really nice and she got a nice venue! Good luck :) The ladies here have great advice!
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, that's a cute story! I almost got my hand smacked away too -- and I was just trying to hug my H (then bf) but my arm was dangerously close to the pocket the ring box was in. He didn't tell me why he'd acted so weird about his coat until hours later (after he proposed later that night).

I had never thought about weddings before we got engaged and honestly had no interested in planning one. But it all worked out, and thanks to this board I didn't go insane in the process :)

Welcome and congrats!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  I live near downtown Dallas as well. :)  LIke you, I hadn't given a lot of thought to my wedding prior.  I wasn't one of those girls who grew up dreaming about it or anything like that.  It's been stressful at times but overall it's definitely been manageable thusfar.  I think you have plenty of time, especially if you are flexible with the day of the week and the date to some degree.  I have learned SO much from the ladies on this board and I'm very thankful for all the advice on here since I really wouldn't have anyone else to ask.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Angel...I'll make sure to remember your close! And Marie that's such a cute story too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elisarrrelisarrr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!
    I got engaged on June 25th and started planning in July 17th for my wedding in November 19th. It's definitely been stressful at times but the short time worked for me. I really wanted a beach destination wedding where I would just show up with my dress but we decided to have it here so important people in our lives could make it.
    Several of the venues were already booked but due to the short notice vendors that weren't booked were very willing to give us discounts.
    Since I wasn't thrilled with all the details required in wedding planning, I was happy with just having it done in 4 months. Knowing how OCD I can be, the more time I had, the more extras I would've added - not to mention money!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards