California-Los Angeles

VENUE SUGGESTIONS!? HELP?

My wedding date is (Sunday)November 3, 2013, so I have some time. I also know that some venue's book up to a year and a half in advance, PLUS my budget is almost pathetically small, so I have to start working on the important things now.

I need to find a reasonable but pretty indoor venue (November can be pretty chilly) in Southern California for 100 guests. My range is pretty wide...I will be living in Santa Clarita, but half of our families live in the Inland Empire area. Anyone know of somewhere cheap and pretty?

Re: VENUE SUGGESTIONS!? HELP?

• How cheap is cheap.. if you don't mind telling me. I may be able to make a few suggestions, I just booked my venue this past weekend. I have come to understand that cheap in wedding terms means 5k...  It also means 5k can be the price of the venue alone depending on where you book. 
  • Yeah...not that much. I mean REALLY cheap since my entire budget is 5K. I'm going to have to do alot of DIY things and I'm absurdly lucky to have a mother who's a wedding coordinator that also does cakes and flowers...but she does live out of town, so she doesn't have the resources to help with this problem. I will probably be able to swing about $500 for the venue itself. I realize that this means anywhere really posh is right out...but there has to be somewhere pretty that's within my budget.
  • I was having the same issues finding a venue that was in my oh-so-tight budget.  Glen Tavern is a cute little site that has a site fee of $1500, and I e-mailed the wedding coordinator and looked at the menu, and they are pretty reasonable with the pricing on their food (which is a blessing!).  Their buffet packages range from $18 to about $30.  
  • Swiss Park in Whittier,CA?
  • Check out the banquet hall at Eden Bar & Grill in Old Town Pasadena. It's a converted chapel next door to the restaurant so doesn't have the reeption hall feel. It can hold approx 120 and is the most affordable I found in the area & really good food. Full service & set up, linens, tables, chairs, etc. & food all inclusive. Am having my reception there and they are wonderfully accommodating. 

http://edengardenbarandgrill.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=151
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • http://www.tivoli-too.com/

Their per person is insanely low.    There's 3 different venues, each with a different menu type.  All in Laguna I think.  Apparently they were voted one of the best places to get married in the OC =]
  • Ok guys I think I'm going to sign up and book tickets for the tour I listed above. Is anyone else up for going? We're so stumped on a venue choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards