Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Got our Marriage license!!

Just excited! Yaaaaaay! We just got our marriage license at the Montco court house in Norristown... the whole process took maybe 5-10 min... we didnt need an appointment, no witnesses, but only needed to pay $45 and show our driver licenses. She also gave us a list of judges we can contact to get the marriage license signed (we dont have a church ceremony). We contacted one in Glenside and she is charging us $40 to marry us... it's getting sooooo real! Laughing

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Got our Marriage license!!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    congratulations!!  that's so exciting!
  • Options
    You guys are so on the ball.  I saw that it takes 3 days for the license to become "valid" (at least in Philadelphia county), so I put a big notice on my Google cal of the last possible date to get ours....and somehow I feel like we'll be down at City Hall that day.  Also, it's great that you guys could get to the Montoco Court House as Philadelphia charges $80 for the license!  Unfortunately with our work schedules and the court house hours, Philadelphia county is the only one that works for us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_got-our-marriage-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:96572cf5-5dc3-4c8a-91df-11e3d73dbe07Post:39911bf7-8279-4bcf-8f09-3b34385751a5">Re: Got our Marriage license!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are so on the ball.  I saw that it takes 3 days for the license to become "valid" (at least in Philadelphia county), so I put a big notice on my Google cal of the last possible date to get ours....and somehow I feel like we'll be down at City Hall that day.  Also, it's great that you guys could get to the Montoco Court House as Philadelphia charges $80 for the license!  Unfortunately with our work schedules and the court house hours, Philadelphia county is the only one that works for us.
    Posted by lauren123455[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I saw the $80 charge in Philly too, and since we live in Manayunk area, either way would be same distance... and we would probably need to pay for parking in Center city... so we decided to go to Norristown instead... quick in and out and cheaper  :)

The license is good for 2 months, so we just need to make an appointment with the judge in the next 2 months... we figured, we get her sign the license a few days before the wedding day and we're good to go...
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If you're getting married in Philadelphia, are you still able to get your license in another county? We live in Delco but our wedding is in the city... I'd rather not pay $80 if we don't have to.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_got-our-marriage-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:96572cf5-5dc3-4c8a-91df-11e3d73dbe07Post:42e22749-308e-41f7-9539-f4e352fb8ca2">Re: Got our Marriage license!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're getting married in Philadelphia, are you still able to get your license in another county? We live in Delco but our wedding is in the city... I'd rather not pay $80 if we don't have to.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep. That's the good thing about PA - your license is valid in any county. Which is good for me, because I'm pretty sure it's $85 in Bucks, so it looks like I'll be making the trip to Montco when the time comes.</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards