So I received this message in an email this morning and thought it was an interesting perspective:
Here are the top 10 ways people give away their power:
1. Asking others what they should do.
2. Thinking God decides who gets what.
3. Worrying about how their dream will come true.
4. Thinking they have dues to pay.
5. Attaching to unimportant details and outcomes.
6. Believing in soul mates.
7. Thinking karma or spiritual contracts are absolute.
8. Fear of anything, especially falling in love.
9. Waiting for their ducks to line up before acting.
10. Choosing to be unhappy.
There are definitely a couple points on here that I had pretty strong reactions to. After thinking about this for a bit though, I have to admit that I do kind of agree these are all ways we "give up our power". I suppose it begs the question though...Is giving up your power always a bad thing?
I don't know if anyone wants to get into anything this deep or potentially heated this morning...but since it's been slow around here I thought i'd post. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts!