Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

GO USA!

Re: GO USA!

• Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:2aece449-139f-4943-9aec-776eaf5ad6b4">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : maple leaves make me think of maple syrup and THAT makes me want pancakes. mmm.
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

Oh duh Sarah, obviously syruping and leafing is the Canadian version of tarring and feathering. I forgot about the syrup. Their version sounds much yummier and more enjoyable. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:add717fd-c6ae-4cb0-a7ca-08f100ff25cd">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : I would have laughed if I knew who Plushenko was. I'm wicked uninformed. Hockey fail on my part.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

the sore loser (if you can call a silver medalist a loser?) of the male figure skating competition. he keeps bitching about how unfair it is that evan won because evan doesn't HAVE A QUAD!!!!11111!!!!!11!!
  • Options
    maple leaves make me think of maple syrup and THAT makes me want pancakes. mmm.

Clearly you didn't read the breastfeeding post from earlier.
  • Options
    Ah, thank you Sarah. Why, he sounds like a humble dude.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:236130c8-1b10-4edd-8034-30d1b7742605">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]maple leaves make me think of maple syrup and THAT makes me want pancakes. mmm. Clearly you didn't read the breastfeeding post from earlier.
    Posted by Kati0105[/QUOTE]
    no. hold me, kati. will it make me fear maple syrup. or PANCAKES???
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    no. hold me, kati. will it make me fear maple syrup. or PANCAKES???

YES!  I'd avoid it if I were you :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:ee8a8423-992c-4253-a2af-f769add0dbe6">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : a) You started the "defensive much" with your first - incorrect - remark. b) I didn't say you were completely uninformed, reading comprehension much? I said, with regard to this game, you're clearly in the wrong, which you were as - reading comprehension fail again - I neither said I wanted the US to lose or that I thought there was an issue with the outcome. c) And I think you're the only one who found it funny, so again, maybe you'd like to go back and read, since you're clearly sucking at it thus far.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

a) My first remark wasn't a statement of fact, and therefore can be neither incorrect or correct
    b) Stating that it wasn't a clean win implies that you have an issue with the outcome, whether it's accurate or not.  And yes, you said I was uninformed.  And you really need to come up with something else to say to people when you disagree with them but "reading comprehenison fail" 
    c) I really don't care if you think it's funny or not.  I kinda just want you to STFU.  You're awfully bent out of shape about this.
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:4f392e39-7c7b-4fc2-b671-95a1b2564ac0">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Oh yeah. Mostly at night but yep. I have a growing tally of "yay go Canada" threads. In fact, other than my pole today, they might be the only other threads I've started lately.

Oh wow!  Haha, guess no one can say you're not a Canada fan!

I may be ignorant, but does South Africa have many competitors in the winter olympics?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    So, jazzhands should have won the hockey game?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:3457ab2b-4552-4fe9-87da-e214645f2371">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, jazzhands should have won the hockey game?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

No, but that mullet deserves some kind of award.

Cew, your new sig made me laugh out loud.

• Options
    (PS - I thought sk's Plushenko post was funny.  I can't believe he's calling his medal Platinum now!)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:83eab246-a7eb-4f76-8bb9-c0bb45003652">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : a) My first remark wasn't a statement of fact, and therefore can be neither incorrect or correct b) Stating that it wasn't a clean win implies that you have an issue with the outcome, whether it's accurate or not.  And yes, you said I was uninformed.  And you really need to come up with something else to say to people when you disagree with them but "reading comprehenison fail"  c) I really don't care if you think it's funny or not.  I kinda just want you to STFU.  You're awfully bent out of shape about this.
    Posted by skhynes[/QUOTE]

I'm awfully bent outta shape? Look at your entering comment into this thread, step down off your soapbox and STFU. Honestly, you look more and more like an idiot with every new post you add to this.

Everyone else has moved onto other things, but whatever, if you feel it necessary to take fifteen minutes to type out a paragraph, have at it. And where in the hell does thinking a match wasn't clean equate to disliking the outcome? It wasn't clean. Do I think the US should've lost? No. They played a better game, but neither side was clean. Until you can comprehend what's being said, you should maybe pipe down a touch.
  • Options
    cew - HAHAHA about your new sig.  I'm so glad that's saved for posterity!

And boo to BG for beating me to the mullet comment and boo to Kati for beating to the bf thread/syrup comment.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:3457ab2b-4552-4fe9-87da-e214645f2371">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, jazzhands should have won the hockey game?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

HAHA, that's amazing
  • Options
    I also thought the Plushenko comment was funny.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:b24ad8e3-c38c-4ad5-a540-2ac0527a57ba">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Oh wow!  Haha, guess no one can say you're not a Canada fan! I may be ignorant, but does South Africa have many competitors in the winter olympics?
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Yeah... no. I think they have three or four, but I couldn't tell you in what disciplines or how they're doing. I follow them in the Summer games, but in Winter it's Canada all the way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:a7921a63-039a-4214-bbfb-a6b6d011df29">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : I'm awfully bent outta shape? Look at your entering comment into this thread, step down off your soapbox and STFU. Honestly, you look more and more like an idiot with every new post you add to this. Everyone else has moved onto other things, but whatever, if you feel it necessary to take fifteen minutes to type out a paragraph, have at it. And where in the hell does thinking a match wasn't clean equate to disliking the outcome? It wasn't clean. Do I think the US should've lost? No. They played a better game, but neither side was clean. Until you can comprehend what's being said, you should maybe pipe down a touch.

Sorry, I'm an American, my typing is slow.  And I have other things in my life to do but run back and respond to your crazy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:4c2c9805-7e6f-4749-9dea-ccb953781c2e">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Sorry, I'm an American, my typing is slow.  And I have other things in my life to do but run back and respond to your crazy.

Which, of course, explains why you ran back to respond multiple times right? Please.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:3b4add97-cbd6-40ea-8d42-670312ecd25c">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]cew - HAHAHA about your new sig.  I'm so glad that's saved for posterity! And boo to BG for beating me to the mullet comment and boo to Kati for beating to the bf thread/syrup comment.

Yeah. I love my new sig. It was perfect timing since I needed to replace my valentine sig anyway. I opted for the sans cockandball version out of respect for KA. She owes me now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:a7921a63-039a-4214-bbfb-a6b6d011df29">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : I'm awfully bent outta shape? Look at your entering comment into this thread, step down off your soapbox and STFU. Honestly, you look more and more like an idiot with every new post you add to this. Everyone else has moved onto other things, but whatever, if you feel it necessary to take fifteen minutes to type out a paragraph, have at it. And where in the hell does thinking a match wasn't clean equate to disliking the outcome? It wasn't clean. Do I think the US should've lost? No. They played a better game, but neither side was clean. Until you can comprehend what's being said, you should maybe pipe down a touch.

everybody who disagrees with you is not an idiot. life will make a lot more sense once you discover this. she's a hockey fan, she thought you were knocking her team, she made a joke, and you got bent out of shape.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:152d180f-1fd9-4c2a-b0cd-737b6bc2365a">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE](PS - I thought sk's Plushenko post was funny.  I can't believe he's calling his medal Platinum now!)

Did you see that he also stepped on and over the Gold podium step to get to the silver, and gave a big impish grin about it?  It's one of those "this just isn't done - EVER" Olympic things.  I think he's a douchnozzle, personally. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Sorry sucrets, I couldn't resist. Tongue out

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:2d5a6511-7f4f-46a0-af3c-2777c327142c">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Yeah. I love my new sig. It was perfect timing since I needed to replace my valentine sig anyway. I opted for the sans cockandball version out of respect for KA. She owes me now.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask where the c0ck and balls were.  I thought they added an interesting and unique design element.

The only way it would be better is if it contained comic sans.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:4c2c9805-7e6f-4749-9dea-ccb953781c2e">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : <strong>Sorry, I'm an American, my typing is slow.</strong>  And I have other things in my life to do but run back and respond to your crazy.

*snort* Okay, now that was funny.

Squirrly, are you serious? I've gotta youtube this guy now. Can't believe I missed all that.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:71b4a96a-909d-42c0-a227-473433b18ad4">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Which, of course, explains why you ran back to respond multiple times right? Please.

I thought you were commenting on the speed of my reply, not the fact that I replied at all.  Because why on earth would you call me out for writing "paragraphs" to you when you did the same to me?  Now that just wouldn't make any sense.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:3a0bac0e-e88d-4297-ae01-265616b52eda">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Did you see that he also stepped on and over the Gold podium step to get to the silver, and gave a big impish grin about it?  It's one of those "this just isn't done - EVER" Olympic things.  I think he's a douchnozzle, personally. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    yeah, he is a total douchnozzle who doesn't back down even when he looks like a jackass and a sore loser. which made skhyne's comment even funnier.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:589026c1-2a9b-4683-aa7f-2653778e4084">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : everybody who disagrees with you is not an idiot. life will make a lot more sense once you discover this. she's a hockey fan, she thought you were knocking her team, she made a joke, and you got bent out of shape.
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

Since it's already been established that arguing with you is a nonending circle, I'll just say that, after I explained what I'd meant, her idiocy continued; so really, if me defending myself when someone completely misinterprets a clear statement and then stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that they did when it's explained yet again = bent out of shape, then I'm not the one streaming crazy here.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:3a0bac0e-e88d-4297-ae01-265616b52eda">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Did you see that he also stepped on and over the Gold podium step to get to the silver, and gave a big impish grin about it?  It's one of those "this just isn't done - EVER" Olympic things.  I think he's a douchnozzle, personally. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was disrespectful.  He deserves an enlightening email (like the one from the NYU professor) from the IOC.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:2ef8be46-db2f-4b66-a09e-18b4303821ab">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : I thought you were commenting on the speed of my reply, not the fact that I replied at all.  Because why on earth would you call me out for writing "paragraphs" to you when you did the same to me?  Now that just wouldn't make any sense.

I swear to god. It's like you read the words I post, and are determined to misunderstand them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_usa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3f35f3db-57e6-4b5c-a70c-22ac7d25046bPost:52c69d12-70a8-4935-96e2-8bc491749e5d">Re: GO USA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GO USA! : Since it's already been established that arguing with you is a nonending circle, I'll just say that, after I explained what I'd meant, her idiocy continued; so really, if me defending myself when someone completely misinterprets a clear statement and then stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that they did when it's explained yet again = bent out of shape, then I'm not the one streaming crazy here.

again. just because somebody argues with you doesn't make them an idiot or make their side of view a "neverending circle." one day the light bulb will turn on. i just know it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards