New York-Western

Newbie! -- Beaver Island Clubhouse

Hello Ladies!!
   We have already booked our reception for The Beaver Island Clubhouse but i'm wondering if anyone has any pics, things to make sure I ask for, things that you would change etc. 

I'm still searching for a photographer, I got some good names off of the Central NY boards but still looking for inexpensive "in the moment" photpgraphers.

Also looking for rehersal dinner locations....suggestions?

Thanks!!

Re: Newbie! -- Beaver Island Clubhouse

• edited December 2011
    Welcome! Don't have any info on the Clubhouse, but what area were you looking for a rehersal dinner? If in the Buffalo area I love Pearl Street Brewery for events.  Their food is excellent, beers great and the event planners are wonderful!
    BFP 1/21/11...Missed Miscarriage 3/16/11...D&C 3/18/11
  • marasd80marasd80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be getting married at St. Mary's in Swormsville so I am thinking I want somewhere close...I do love Pearl Street though, I may still go there.

Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Reherasal Near St. Mary's in Swormsville you could try:

Eagle House - or -
    Orazio's

Need anything else nearby let me know...
  • jennl53jennl53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sean Patricks is also close and they have excellent food.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi we are trying to do things different with our wedding
    We are using Nick Akromas 907-6227 for a photographer. He's a student so he's inexpensive. He does great work and has a fantastic camera which takes photos from 40 feet away but looks like he's right next to you. He also does some great editing and special effects. He puts everything on a cd for you to print your own pics which is what we wanted. I believe he charges $700 with engagement session included. You can upgrade for a beautiful leather matted photo album for an additional $600.

As for rehearsal dinner, we have chosen Pettibones Grille with a Bisons game included. Their private patio can seat up to 65 people and has seats outside as well for the game. They include a 2 hour buffet (you choose the menu items) and 3 hours of beer and wine for a very reasonable price.

Hope this helps!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!  
    Thanks,  that sounds great!!  I've heard a lot of people talk about Pettibones, which I had really never thougt of; it sounds like a GREAT idea especially with a ball game included.  Does the photographer you're using have a portfolio of samples yet?  Thanks for your advice!
  • jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! What are your colors/theme?
    I am getting married there in September!! So far Scipione's has been great to work with. Are you having your ceremony at the park too? The only thing that hasn't been included that I have found is the chairs for the ceremony, which we rented from an outside company. I only hear great things about the venue!! Our photographer is Jim Cookfair from New York West. He was really great to work with- we had our engagement session and he was very laid back and not trying to pose us, his specialties are the in the moment shots versus the overly posed. His prices are a little more than the student's posted on here, but I thought he was still very reasonable. Hope this helps! Can't wait to hear more of your planning details!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Wow! You're the third person that told me about Jim at New York West...I did e-mail him, I'll have to meet with him soon and take a look at his work.  Did you get chair covers for the inside chairs at Beaver Island?  He gave us a name but I don't remeber it.  My colors are green & white...still working on the specific green though! :)  
  • jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing chair covers. I had found some pictures on someone's old knottie profile that showed the hall with several different chair cover colors, and I really like how it looks a lot better without the covers. Wish I had them to show you, but they aren't online anymore and I didn't save to my computer :( Are you doing your ceremony at Beaver Island too? We just rented chairs for that and it's super expensive!! Not sure what company it was though. Can't wait to hear more of your plans!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! No, we aren't having the ceremony ther.  We are getting married at St. Mary's in E. Amherst.  Do you know if Dave has a book of pictures from weddings they have done there?  I didn't get to see one.  What are your colors?  Are you using their center pieces or getting your own?  Hope to hear more of your plans!! :)

• jeneric10jeneric10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Kristen Piurek, she lives right on Grand Island.  Take a look at her website www.kristendavide.com
  • jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My colors are yellow, with some gray, white and blue accents. We're going to use the centerpieces they have. I think they look really nice in the room, so why waste money on on them? I actually haven't talked with anyone from there, my mom is taking care of everything, so I'm not too much help in that department. What are your colors?? Excited to hear more of your plans!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh!!!  I'm sooooo jealous you got Kristen Davide!!!!!!!!!!  I was in the process of working with her and she got a "Save the Date" for her cousins wedding. You are so lucky she is AMAZING!

I'm thinking of using green and white (looking into finding a good lime green)
  • edited December 2011
    I got married last September and had the reception at Beaver Island Clubhouse.  Everything was wonderful.  I did use their centerpieces, it was so much easier.  I did make my own table numbers, theirs are just simple black and white.

We did some pictures in the grass down by the water.  We used Everlasting Memories as our photographer.  They were OK.  I really wanted Nickel City Studios, but they were booked for my date.

We had our rehearsal dinner at Pearl Street and did the Buffalo Buffet.  It was great and many of our out of town guest really appreciated it because they didn't know if they would have enough time to get some Buffalo wings while they were in town.

If you have any specific questions email me kawunsch at gmail dot com

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards