Snarky Brides

So, it's night time. Who's around?

Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?

• Nates, I think the necklace is a good idea.  Sorry if I missed it but how old is she? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:2f495e13-247d-4037-8276-4f436e3d9cb7">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nates, I think the necklace is a good idea.  Sorry if I missed it but how old is she? 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    She's about 8 or 9. 

I also was thinking about giving her a nice picture of us with her from the wedding. I have a really sweet one of the two of us dancing together. Or maybe I'll make a little scrapbook for her with a bunch of pictures and write a message in it?
  • Nates, I think usually the godparents give jewelry. I'd go with a card with money. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Nates, what about a Christian-y type book? Is she a reader? I only ask because while a cross necklace is an awesome idea and really nice, I think that's something that her parents or grandparents might get too.

ETA: Dang it, I'm slow.  That's what I get for getting a snack in the middle of typing.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like the scrapbook/picture idea! 

Well I'm off to tackle the kitchen and then get my Glee on. 
  • Good point, Sarah. 

God, you'd think being Catholic I'd have been to a bunch of communions, but I think the last one I attended was my own :P  Money is always good.

I do like that part of MFP, Mrs. J.  Makes it easier to quick-log the things I always eat.
  • Lindsey, you can probably keep up with Revenge.

Nates, get her a flask. ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:3a481c0a-e483-4a07-9c2b-11c9aeb696dc">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I do like that part of MFP, Mrs. J.  Makes it easier to quick-log the things I always eat.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>SP has that too fortunately</div>
  • DOrry, my stupid internet went out. Fvckballs.

I like the bible/book idea! And I'll make her a scrapbook as a seperate gift, just for her to have. So money and book it is! Thanks, guys :)

Downloaded SP and I'm playing around with it now. N just got a Smarphone (finally), so he might start using these apps, too.
  • Hi.
    I'm eating doritos and putting together my lesson plans that are due tomorrow. Full of excitement over here.
  • Lesson plans? I didn't know you were teaching, Sara.
  • I'm not. I wish I was already.

I'm taking Creative Activities, an early childhood class at school. I have to lesson plan for preschoolers. One each for literacy, creative art, math, and science. I have a theme to work with for the whole semester.

I have to put together a copy of my lesson plan for each of my classmates, and there are like 45 of us. And I get a copy of each of theirs, all with different themes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:9b8579c2-14a4-4ce9-9b5c-1823acce1606">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not. I wish I was already. I'm taking Creative Activities, an early childhood class at school. I have to lesson plan for preschoolers. One each for literacy, creative art, math, and science. I have a theme to work with for the whole semester. I have to put together a copy of my lesson plan for each of my classmates, and there are like 45 of us. And I get a copy of each of theirs, all with different themes.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]
    Nice!  At least you have a bunch of people around these parts to help you if you need it. 
  • Yep :)

As I take these courses, I realize how much I don't want to teach preschool. I much prefer older ages.
  • Hi!  I'm considering going to bed, but I'm not sure I'm tired enough yet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:0527a257-1b97-451d-ba56-7b4d4dbd2625">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep :) As I take these courses, I realize how much I don't want to teach preschool. I much prefer older ages.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]
    Seriously. I worked in summer camp for years and everyone said I was the best with the youngest girls (residents, so it was so much work).  they were so surprised I didn't want to teach Kindergarten, but it's just NMS. I like that age in general, but I LOVE the age I work with in the school setting. I can't imagine trying to educate tiny kids.

What age do you want to work with? Subject?
  • Hi Loopy!

Yeah, I love the little guys, but I don't want to teach them. I want to teach older elementary probably grades 4-6. I'm contemplating special ed, but I haven't decided for sure yet. I'll finally be leaving community college after this fall (fingers crossed anyway), and then I'll be at a 4 year school. What grade do you teach now?
  • I forgot to add that I almost bought myself a bedazzled flask the other day.

Sara, I teach 11th grade American literature and 11/12th grade Film Studies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:690c4c7c-3d26-4bbe-bfc3-db6ad8fd2c67">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot to add that I almost bought myself a bedazzled flask the other day. Sara, I teach 11th grade American literature and<strong> 11/12th grade Film Studies.</strong>

Wow, that's awesome that your school offers such a class.  Definitely sounds fun to teach.

I'm surprised by how many teachers/future teachers I see on this board.  There's a lot of us around here.

SaveSave
  • I want a bedazzled flask!

Actually, I could bedazzle it myself. I should do that. 

Hi Dot. What kind of ice cream did you have? I'm having frozen yogurt now. Yum.
  • I felt the same, Loopy. I think I'm going to lie down and watch 30 Rock.

Monkey, it can be! Sometimes they throw anyone in the class, which is rough because they have no interest in analyzing film or making their own films and they tend to be really resistant to anything I show. But most of them come around. This year I have an awesome group.  We're doing a unit on social issues presented in film and we just watched An Inconvenient Truth.  They were all excited about environmental issues :)

Alright, I'm out! Later guys!
  • Hi! I doubt anyone is still around but I'll drop by anyway. I might finally have time to post again. I just finished my undergrad honours thesis and I'm soooo glad I'm done with that. I'm trying to decide what schools I want to do placement at for student-teaching next year. I really don't know why I need to do this for May when I don't start until September...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:b5008ae9-07d3-4e70-bc64-58fdd7f8fc5f">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys. Just got home from work. Today was crazy. I had ice cream for dinner. Nates check out the<strong> bibles especially for girls</strong>. I got one for my daughter that is awesome. I'll try and find you a link
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]
    Oh, good call. Thanks! 
  • Bye, Nates!

and, Hi Avs! How are you?
  • It's easy! I'm not sure if you need a special glue. When I've done my phone before, I used Jewel-It, since it pretty much works for anything. 

My mom is a seamstress and makes costumes for dancers, ice skaters, and baton twirlers, all of which get bedazzled (that's usually my job, lol).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:d5204933-e3d4-4357-9144-6615bbeba0a1">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I felt the same, Loopy. I think I'm going to lie down and watch 30 Rock. Monkey, it can be! <strong>Sometimes they throw anyone in the class, which is rough because they have no interest in analyzing film or making their own films and they tend to be really resistant to anything I show. </strong>But most of them come around. This year I have an awesome group.  We're doing a unit on social issues presented in film and we just watched An Inconvenient Truth.  They were all excited about environmental issues :).  Alright, I'm out! Later guys!

This is a problem with a lot of classes in highschool.  I don't know why that happens.

I'm working on a survey for the students I'm observing this semester.  It's an anonymous survey to get their feedback on why they do not always participate or speak in class.  It's for a little research paper I'm doing. 

Can't wait for this semester to be over.

Goodnight ladies!

SaveSave
  • I'm great how're you? :)

It feels awesome to be done. Yesterday (tuesday) was my last and only exam so that was nice. Now it's just anxiously waiting for marks to be posted. I know I did well in all my classes but I still get paranoid lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • What age are the students Monkey?
  • I'm good. Tired, haha. 
    Your sig makes me giggle.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm pretty sure you can get it at Michael's. It should say on the back if it will be good on metal. If I cant find my bottle, I'll check.

ETA: I checked. It bonds things to fabric. The other glue is called Embelish It!, and the brand is Beacons. I'm not sure when to find that one. It says it glues onto phones, watches, and other accessories, so I'm assuming it'd work on a flask. Thats an accessory, right? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards