Chit Chat

Invitation Inserts-Grass VS. Heels

Hi Everyone!
I received my invitations today and are getting ready to assemble. I am doing a few inserts and I thought as a freindly gesture, warning the ladies of our outdoor wedding, and the grass that they will be sinking into if they do wear high heels. I definitely dont want to tell someone what to wear, but I would hate for them not to enjoy themselves. 

I have looked at other posts about the Sole-Mates and are planning on buying a few boxes to have around just in case. 

What do you guys think, has anyone done this before?
Wedding Countdown Ticker ... LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Invitation Inserts-Grass VS. Heels

• Under the assumption that your invitations mention that it is an outdoor wedding, I think putting anything about footwear in the invitation may be a little odd.  I'm an adult and know that if there's an outdoor wedding, heels present a problem.

I think it's a nice gesture to have those solemates but would be completely optional on your part.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree with PPs. If I were a guest at your wedding and I knew it was going to be outdoors, I would dress accordingly. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ditto Duds, put it on your wedding website. I think that would just be really odd if it were on your invitation.
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    If it is obvious it is an outdoor wedding most people will know there will be grass. Some ladies like to wear heels anyways & walk on the ball of the foot for a bit. They are adults, they can dress themselves. Don't  sweat it. Don't buy the solemates, you may find you have lots left over. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Unless your venue specifically prohibits high heels, I wouldn't say anything.

FWIW, our wedding was on grass and nobody sank in.   And I've used SoleMates before (following the recommendation of knotties), and they were horrible and didn't work -- they were a waste of money.
    DSC_9275
  • Meh, I  had an FYI insert in my wedding packet.  Among the things we mentioned was there was going to be a shoe valet and a shuttle. Our wedding was on the beach and I personally HATE walking in the sand with shoes.  I wanted a place people could leave their shoes if they wanted.  

Just because the wedding is outdoors does not mean it's automatically on the grass or beach.  There are plenty of venues that have concrete, decking or whatever.  

Our families had never been to a wedding outside of a church. Seriously, they had ZERO idea what to expect.  In addition to that all Saturday night weddings meant formal attired.  I felt an FYI insert with some basic information guided them in the right direction.   

My guests agreed because I got a ton of comments thanking me for the information because they just didn't know what to expect.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards