African American Weddings

Re: 30 days

• edited December 2011
    Home stretch. Yay!!! I am sure everything'll go great. You can now start winding down.
    Are you moving right after the wedding or will you and FI be staying here for a while?
    Also, where are you going for your honeymoon?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thanks Wheatney! I am moving in July and I am freaking out because I don't have a job yet. I may actually keep pushing that moving date until I get one. LOL

He is staying here for 3 weeks (the joys of working in Europe and having gazillions days of vacation)
    We can't go anywhere after the wedding because we have family from overseas staying at my place for a month. So, we are probably going to South Africa in late June or something so he can watch few games of the world cup. The honeymoon itself (since I told him spending time with his family and friends and watching soccer is no honeymoon) will be in December in the Seychelles or Mediterranean cruise.

So yes, please pray for me that I get a job. FAST!

• edited December 2011
    I read your blog this morning, its my daily ritual!!! Yayy you r so close!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for a job for you. Your honeymoon sounds awesome! You too will have the 6-weeks vacation soon.

My sister will be moving to the Netherlands in June as an expatriate. She can't wait because she'll get all the European benefits and get paid in Euro. Sweet deal!

Do you guys plan on moving back to the states or is this a permanent move? Eitherways, it'll be a blast. Love that in Europe, you can get on a train and be in another country. How awesome is that? You'll definitely need to stay in touch so we can all live vicariously through your eyes :-).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I will stay in touch. My sisters are here and some of his brothers are closer (Canada, NYC) hence the temporary move (2 to 3 years max.)

He doesn't see the ones in Germany and the one in France that often. I doubt that will change.

I want to be here where I have a support system once we start having kids.

Thanks for the prayers

• edited December 2011
    Sooo close !!!!
    Smile

But sad face that your moving. Now we have to have a BIG knottie gtg.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_30-days-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:20aae578-49bf-4341-bf42-ad82fd7cd076Post:4f97bcca-877a-4ce0-a4ca-71bc0b478365">Re: 30 days</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sooo close !!!! But sad face that your moving. Now we have to have a BIG knottie gtg.
    Posted by KSTURGIS[/QUOTE]

I know, I am freaking out about that move and we HAVE to do a GTG before I leave...
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know... getting very close...Magic Wand... that's hilarious tho. I just started reading you blog and I enjoyed reading it tho.... You're very funny!

Anyway, get to it........ No more procastinating....:) S'one shd be saying that to me too...LOL. I am a week behind u...
  • edited December 2011
    Essian, get moving, You don't want to be bald at the wedding cause you pulled all your hair out. LOL!
    Thanks for the blog love. I appreciate it!

Kaila- Thanks for reading the blog. It makes my heart flutter that you check it every day :)
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know right... LOLVery funny... Pasma.... Don't worry, that won't happen. We just a few details to finalize but all the major things have been taken care of.
  • edited December 2011
    Praying for you honey! I am sure that you find a job! AND WOW to the 30 day mark!!! Seem like you just had 10 months or so to go!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for 30 days to go!! I absolutely love your blog, too. I hope you keep blogging after the wedding. You already know I got you on the job prayer list.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies
  • edited December 2011

Sending up Knottie Vibes for a quick and easy job search.....Congrats on 30 days!!! It will be over soon and you will get to see all your hard work come together.
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the 30 day mark...

Now just breathe...it will all work out...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards