Michigan-Grand Rapids

Top of the BOB or Mosaic?

I'm planning our wedding from Minneapolis but I grew up in GR. We love the downtown loft feel so we are looking at The Top of the BOB or Mosaic? Does anyone have any suggestions or reviews on either place? Thanks!

Re: Top of the BOB or Mosaic?

• edited December 2011
    I have not been to Mosiac, but my maid of honor checked it out for me as I too am planning a wedding in GR from out of state.  She said the actual space was really cute, just a bad location.  She said she had a few bums asking her for money when she walked up to the door.......so I dunno.  I am having my reception at McFaddens and it has more of a pub feel if that is something you have considered.  Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the BOB.  It was pretty nice.  It's not a huge space so it depends on how many people you're inviting.  I'd say there was around 100-125 and it was comfortable.  The dance floor was kind of awkwardly placed and there were lounge chairs around the room that no one really used.  It was also dark, so I would figure out some kind of extra lighting.  Food was good though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to both spaces for weddings.

The Mosaic is b-e-a-u-t-f-u-l, but like the person before me said, it's in  terrible location. It's right across the street from the homeless shelters and kitchens. There is not parking, so you have to walk a block or two or three to get to the spot. Also, the woman who is in charge of the space is psycho. My friend had beyond problems with her. She invited her own friends to my friend's wedding. She wanted to charge the caterer an extra $200 for using her space even though my friend had paid the fee. She basically wanted to pocket the $200. The servers were eating and drinking the food and wine and charging my friend for it. JUST BAD!

The Eve: the top of the Bob is also excellent in looks. It's has a posh feel and is so luxurious. My best friend had her wedding there. She had absolutely no problems with the management, the food was beyond excellent, and the space fits more than 100-125 people. She had almost 200. The lounge chairs appeal to a younger crowd when dancing starts for sure. They are a nice touch to the space that other people pay to rent and bring in other places. The bar is located in a great spot too, and is very easily assessable.

My obvious recommendation is EVE on the BOB.

Happy Planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • bmille01bmille01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just be careful when looking into Eve.  My fiance and I looked at it and loved the space.  However, at 10:30 the room is opened up to the public.  They start tearing stuff down around 10 pm. 
  • jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_top-of-bob-mosaic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:954197c1-2c74-411a-9312-e347e6c1834bPost:b4f1ec80-f46c-4170-802d-e473045688c3">Re: Top of the BOB or Mosaic?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been to both spaces for weddings. The Mosaic is b-e-a-u-t-f-u-l, but like the person before me said, it's in  terrible location. It's right across the street from the homeless shelters and kitchens. There is not parking, so you have to walk a block or two or three to get to the spot. Also, the woman who is in charge of the space is psycho. My friend had beyond problems with her. She invited her own friends to my friend's wedding. She wanted to charge the caterer an extra $200 for using her space even though my friend had paid the fee. She basically wanted to pocket the $200. The servers were eating and drinking the food and wine and charging my friend for it. JUST BAD! The Eve: the top of the Bob is also excellent in looks. It's has a posh feel and is so luxurious. My best friend had her wedding there. She had absolutely no problems with the management, the food was beyond excellent, <strong>and the space fits more than 100-125 people. She had almost 200.</strong> The lounge chairs appeal to a younger crowd when dancing starts for sure. They are a nice touch to the space that other people pay to rent and bring in other places. The bar is located in a great spot too, and is very easily assessable. My obvious recommendation is EVE on the BOB. Happy Planning!
    Posted by LandV[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was just saying that's how many people were at the wedding I went to.. not that it was the capacity.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • hillkat2hillkat2 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses! We are getting really excited. I heard back from McFaddens today and that sounds super resonable...any advice on that place?? We are loving the downtown contemporary vibe, any other suggestions we should look at??
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend McFaddens or the Top of the BOB (as in the third floor, not Eve).  Eve is great if you have a smaller reception, but the third floor - aka "The Top of the BOB" (the typical reception space) holds a lot more and is a more practical layout too.  I would also check out the Goei Center.  I have not heard good things at all about Mosaic.  Good luck!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    McFadden's is amazing!!!! We are having our reception and rehearsal dinner there and I cannot tell you how nice it is! The food is super tasty and Erin is wonderful to work with! She is super nice and really quick with her responses! Good luck with your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having my recpetion/rehersal dinner at mcfadden's I think the food is reasonably priced, but the alcohol is kind of pricey, but I'm sure its the same price as other places in GR.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards