Honeymoon Discussions
Options

No direct flights to Maui from San Jose California! Ugh!

Im searching packages for our honeymoon and really getting frustrated. I cant find any direct flights out to Maui, Not even from Hawaiian airlines. Does anyone know a way to get a great deal and direct flights that i dont know. I dont travel much and would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance!
Mrs Marino

Re: No direct flights to Maui from San Jose California! Ugh!

• Options
    What's wrong with a layover?
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    im going from SFO to maui and we're connecting in LAX. you might be able to find a direct flight, but you're constrained to the time and it could cost more. most people end up with a layover. nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any direct. They all have a stop in honalulu. That is a busy airport and you should be able to find a flight to maui with out a long layover. I was not happy about it when I went a couple years ago but it wasn't that bad.
  • Options
    Most of the airports in HI fly to Oahu, and then out of there because it is a major airport.  No one likes layovers, but what else can you do?  It's really no big deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If there aren't any direct flights from San Jose, it's because there aren't enough customers in San Jose to make it worthwhile. Either fly into LAX or HNL and get a connecting flight from there. Seriously not a big deal - and you won't necessarily have that long a layover either. Just make sure you have 1½ hours inbetween your scheduled arrival time and the next flight's departure time.
  • Options
    lost luggage = awesome excuse to update your wardrobe. ;)

worst case, you get your luggage in a day or so. no biggie. :)
  • Options
    FinkFink member
    First Comment
    You can definitely get a direct flight from LAX to Maui. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Alaksa Air goes nonstop between SJC and OGG.

There are also direct flights from SFO and OAK to OGG.
  • Options
    Always pack your bikini in your carry on. Always!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards