Maine

Introduce yourself...

I couldn't help but notice that the "when is your wedding" post got a significant response!  Obviously, there are quite a few of us here, but not much posting...

Take a minute to introduce yourself, so we can try to get some more action happening here!
Yours & FI's first names
Hometown
Wedding date & location
most exciting part of planning so far
hardest decision so far

Re: Introduce yourself...

• edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first name: Mel (Melanie) and Glenn
    Hometown:  Westbrook, Me
    Wedding date & location: October 11, 2009, Westbrook (ceremony)/Portland (reception - Keeley's)
    most exciting part of planning so far: watching the planning become our special day, seeing my hard work pay off
    hardest decision so far: I always felt that chosing a photographer was the hardest part, and still wish my first choice hadn't been booked - stick around and it will become apparent who she is, I recommend her to everyone who asks.  Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Paula and Anthony
    Hometown: Bath, ME
    Wedding date & location: August or September 2011
    most exciting part of planning so far: brainstorming color and decoration ideas!
    hardest decision so far: Ceremony and Reception Locations! Ahhhh!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Heidi and Joe
    Hometown   Oxford ME
    Wedding date & location   August 7th Epsom NH
    most exciting part of planning so far   Choosing my dress and Cake tasting
    hardest decision so far   What to do with my 4 dogs for the night before and day of the wedding.  I know it sounds silly but when you have 4 it can sometimes be difficult lol

Also, deciding on my bouquet
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Kalie and Matt
    Hometown   Portland ME!
    Wedding date & location   September 10th, 2011 in Portland
    Most exciting part of planning so far   still so excited to be engaged to him <3.. every part of the process has been exciting. We are going to a tasting at our reception venue next week ,so I guess that's the most exciting at the moment!
    hardest decision so far  finding a ceremony spot. Nothing seems to be working out! This is the part I thought would be the easiest...
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Mindy and Will
    Hometown: Brunswick area
    Wedding date and location: June 12, 2010, Shawnee Peak, Bridgton
    Most exciting part of planning: We were really excited when we found Shawnee Peak and could really see ourselves getting married there, but gosh, that was a while ago! With three months to go, the exciting part now is finalizing the little details -- music, decorations -- and the fact that now it's starting to really feel "real." And also VERY excited for the honeymoon!
    Hardest decision: Not inviting kids, and figuring out how to tell everyone, keep them happy, and what to do if people say they can't come without their kids. And figuring out all the budget stuff, how much we should spend, how to save, etc.

Anniversary
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Tori and Eric
    Hometown   Westbrook, ME
    Wedding date & location   October 2 2010... Keeleys (ceremony & reception)
    most exciting part of planning so far   cake tasting... and getting my veil oddly enough.
    hardest decision so far  guest list!!! HATE IT! and flowers.

• edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Rebecca & Matt
    Hometown  Greater Bangor Area, ME
    Wedding date & location   September 17th 2011 & Lakewood Inn Restaurant
    most exciting part of planning so far The venue.  We searched for what felt like forever, and when we finally found it it was the best feeling!  I am also really excited for our engagement session in May with Shannnon Post.
    hardest decision so far  The guest list... enough said.
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Jenni & Jeff & our last name will be a J one, how annoying is that?

Hometown  Greenwood Maine. Right next to Bethel/Sunday River.

Wedding date & location  June 19th 2010!!!! Artists Covered Bridge in Newry Maine

most exciting part of planning so far HONEYMOON. I have 2 young children we knew this would be it for vacations for a long time so Stonefield Estates in St Lucia for a week sounds like heaven.

hardest decision so far
      In he beginning it was finding a reception venue now its finding a wedding band. Ugh. I <3 my ring but I wish the jeweler would have pointed out that finding a non custom made band would be difficult when FI chose it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Katie and Travis
    Hometown  Harrison, ME (next to Bridgton)
    Wedding date & location   10/2/10  Shawnee Peak, Bridgton, ME.
    most exciting part of planning so far  decorating ideas...honeymoon ideas. 
    hardest decision so far  I am having a lot of trouble finding a dress that I like.  I feel as though the clock is ticking and I need to find one soon!  I am also having trouble finding a good photographer that is not crazy priced. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Molly & Dave
    Hometown  We live in San Diego now, but are both from the east coast.
    Wedding date & location   August 14th 2010 The ceremony on the Schooner Nathaniel Bowditch in Rockland.  The reception in Ellsworth.
    most exciting part of planning so far I have spent the week looking at wedding dresses, so that's been exciting!  Just getting engaged was really the best part.  
    hardest decision so far  Well, dress shopping is exciting, but I'm way behind and though I think I know what I want, it's a little stressful!  The guest list is another tough part.

• edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Laura & Will   
    Hometown:  I'm from Mass, he's from Jersey
    Wedding date & location:   September 4, 2010. Kingsley Pines Camp in Raymond, ME
    most exciting part of planning so far: Nailing down the venue! It was important for us to pick a place where our out-of-town guests could come and enjoy themselves without having to drive anywhere, and one that reflected our style and love of Maine!
    hardest decision so far  THE LIST - like many others. I'm glad to have that out of the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristinmac10kristinmac10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Kristin & Galen
    Hometown   Bath, Maine
    Wedding date & location   October 16, 2010 & Phippsburg 
    most exciting part of planning so far Do not know (stressed at it all) I did drive to Kleinfields last month to get my dress (does that count as planing?)
    hardest decision so far  Photographer - everyone I like is booked already!!! And what our budget is going to be.

• krisdoug13krisdoug13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's First Names:  Kristin & Doug
    Hometown: Kristin: Van Buren, ME; Doug: grew up in Madawaska, but now living in Presque Isle
    Wedding date & location: July 2011, ceremony in Van Buren, reception in Caribou
    Most exiciting part of planning so far: looking at venues, picking colors
    Hardest decision so far: the dreaded guest list!! and the budget
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Kristin and Jonathan
    Hometown: I'm from Bath and my fiance is from the Boston area
    Wedding date & location: July 10, 2010 in Bath; ceremony is at the local Catholic church and the reception is at the Maine Maritime Museum
    most exciting part of planning so far: Picking the band, although I think my fiance's favorite part was the cake tasting
    hardest decision so far:  Finalizing the guest list, I'm still working on it
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first name: Kristina and Dean
    Hometown:  me: San Diego, CA and FI Winslow, Maine
    Wedding date & location: October 9, 2010, ceremony: Sacred Heart Catholic Church and Waterville Elks Lodge for the reception
    most exciting part of planning so far: well getting engaged on New Year's Eve 2008, picking the flowers and choosing my wedding dress and veil
    hardest decision so far: guest list and figuring out the monthly budget to pay for the wedding, we are paying for it ourselves, hard when you have a FI that doesn't like to save! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names   Jennifer & Alan
    Hometown   Oxford Hills area
    Wedding date & location   June 25th, 2011 in South Paris (ceremony) and Hebron (reception)
    Most exciting part of planning so far   So far I guess it would be realizing my DIY skill in designing my stationary items and planning other DIY projects
    hardest decision so far  Guest list as it still isn't finalized...grrr
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Mallory and Aaron
    Hometown: South Portland
    Wedding date & location: June 2011, don't know a location yet
    most exciting part of planning so far: haven't really started planning yet, just engaged!
    hardest decision so far: where!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Jen and Chris
    Hometown: We both live in southern New Jersey (near Philadelphia, PA)
    Wedding date & location: September 11, 2010 in Oakland (outdoor ceremony & tented reception)
    most exciting part of planning so far: all of the DIY details
    hardest decision so far: where to go for our honeymoon
    TTC since honeymoon in 9/2010
    Me: 38, Dx DOR (FSH = 10.5, AMH = 0.43, best AFC = 10), AMA
    MH: 37, Dx Obstructive Azoospermia, multiple successful sperm retrieval procedures

1/2012: IVF/ICSI #1 Antagonist = cancelled d/t poor response to max stims
    2/2012: IVF/ICSI #1.2 MDLF (4R, 4M, 1F) = BFP, saw heartbeat, missed m/c 9w0d, D&E
    8/2012: IVF/ICSI #2 EPP/MDLF (7R, 2M, 1F) = BFN

12/2012: (New RE) Operative hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue

1/2013:IVF/ICSI #3 Low-dose stim/Antagonist (AFC=6); ER=1/26 (5R-couldn't access rt ovary, 5M, 4F), ET=1/29 (trans 3) = BFP!; 2/11 beta#1(13dp3dt)=2127, 2/13=3367; u/s (2/18) = twins!;
    u/s #2 (3/1) = 2 strong hb's

PAIF/SAIF very welcome!
  • angegaryangegary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Angela and Gary
    Hometown: I grew up in Lewiston, Me and grew up in Mahassett, NY
    Wedding date & location: October 16, 2010.  Ceremony at St Maximillians in Scarborough and reception at the Marriot at Sable Oaks.
    most exciting part of planning so far: All of it, plus both of my sistes are engaged too.  We are all going through this together.
    hardest decision so far: Settling on a place for the wedding and reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Audra and Matthew
    Hometown: Scarborough, ME
    Wedding date & location : 11/19/2010 - Scarborough and Newry
    most exciting part of planning so far:  Dreaming up new ideas!  We are always brainstorming ways to make the day special - I think I am going to miss the planning when its over:(
    hardest decision so far: The photography!! 
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Jena and Ross
    Hometown: Bangor
    Wedding date & location: October 7, 2010.  Pilgrim Lodge.
    most exciting part of planning so far: Figuring out how to DIY the things I want
    hardest decision so far: Deciding how hard to push FI... He's excited and has some great ideas, he just has no grasp on time.   He thinks the longer we wait to decide on things, the more options we'll have.  ::facepalm::

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Bethany and Davis
    Hometown: I'm from Greene and he's from north of Boston.  Now we live in Old Town
    Wedding date & location:  July 10, 2010;  Pine Point Beach and Mariner's Church Banquet Center
    most exciting part of planning so far:  Making decisions!  I love my dress, and every time we get something done, it feels so good!
    hardest decision so far:  The beach.  It's crazy because it's supposed to be laid back and having it there has been a nightmare in so many ways.  We are making it work and have turned a corner, so I'm optimistic:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first names: Liza and Sean

Hometown: me: Sidney/Oakland, ME hubby: North Anson, ME, currently living in Portland.

Wedding date & location: September 12, 2009

most exciting part of planning so far: Obviously since the wedding has already happened, seeing it all come together a million times more successfully than I thought it would was the most exciting thing. But during the planning process, I probably would have said the cake tasting. :)

hardest decision so far: My wedding planning spanned 5 years. I got engaged in 2004 and originally hoped to get married in 06... then realized that wasn't going to happen so began planning for 07 but our budget just wasn't lining up with our vision so we pushed it back again and then spent 2 years trying to find a place we could agree on and a way to do it within our budget. It was so frustrating. Picking the place was next to impossible, deciding whether or not to let my aunt cater the food, picking the bridesmaid's attire, choosing my dress... so much stress. I'm so glad it's over!

• kimmie2011kimmie2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first name:  Kimmie and Tim
    Hometown:  Bristol, TN
    Wedding date & location: October 16, 2010, Bethel, ME
    most exciting part of planning so far: Getting the girls excited about traveling to Maine - It's so pretty there.
    hardest decision so far: picking a DJ or band after reading some sketchy reviews. It can't be that hard, can it?  
  • edited December 2011
    Yours & FI's first name: Eileen & Shaun
    Hometown:  Orono, ME
    Wedding date & location: December 2010 (We haven't decided on a venue yet!)
    most exciting part of planning so far: dreaming of what our day will be like!
    hardest decision so far: Deciding to go on our honeymoon before our wedding, and changing our wedding date! It was too hard to plan a wedding around all his summer training for the Army, and we'd already bought our Disney park tickets!
    BFP 4/8/2011 ** M/C 5/9/2011 at 8w1d Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sophiena1143sophiena1143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

hey guys : ) i've been using the knot off and on for awhile now, but this is my first time posting. my wedding date (sept. 18) is getting closer & closer so i'm sure i will be able to use your help!!

my name is sophie and my fiance's name is john. he grew up in vassalboro and i grew up in rockland. we've been living back and forth between augusta and portland; currently augusta. our wedding is going to be in rockland. ceremony at the congregational church & reception at the elks club. i'm a full time student at USM about to graduate and i also work full time, so planning this wedding has been EXTREMELY hard!
    i look forward to talking more with you guys :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards