Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Update

Hey gals!!  

So first, naturally, I have to mention the Kleinfeld contest.  Sean & I are STILL in first place right now!!! We gained a really nice lead yesterday (thanks to me seriously harassing everyone I know & begging for them to vote -- no shame!).  We have 814 votes, the couple in 2nd place has 739 votes, and the couple in 3rd place has 687 votes.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE!!!!!  You can vote every 24 hours & the contest ends Wednesday night at midnight.  The link is in my siggy.

We had our engagement party on Saturday & despite the nasty snow storm, a ton of people came!  It was a really nice day & so good to see family we don't see often.  Even Sean's dad & sisters flew up from Georgia to come.  It was great :) 

Yesterday, I went to my first bridal show with my best friend.  Every single vendor asked if she was my maid of honor or bridesmaid.  It was really awkward to be honest.  Most likely I will ask her to be my maid of honor but clearly my wedding is not for 18 months & we are just not there yet.  We met a photographer there actually who just shot a wedding at my venue a couple weekends ago & I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally loved him.  I didn't however, love his prices.  I'm going to have to see if there's any way to make it work (perhaps if we win a certain contest & don't have to pay for a dress/suit hahaha).

And lastly... MY EAGLES BEAT THE COWGIRLS LAST NIGHT!!!!! And by beat, I mean SLAUGHTERED! It was glorious :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!!!

Re: Weekend Update

• elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I've been checking in on the contest and I think I might be almost as excited as you are that you guys are winning! Just have to hold out for a couple more days! I'm glad you had a good party too. I'll bet his Georgia relatives loved the change in weather, lol. Hopefully they packed for it. We're starting to compare photographers now too and FI's best friend's dad does weddings, but we looked online and aren't impressed, so we're going to politely decline, lol. The pictures are one of our main priority so we're going to go with someone a little more experienced. I would love to be able to win a free "something". My mom is going to be paying for my dress though, so I guess that counts, lol. Do you have a dress in mind for when/if you win?
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a fun weekend!  I've been trying to remember to vote daily.  I will go vote again now!

ETA:  Boo, I have to wait until later because it's been less than 24 hours.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ely -- The photographer is really really important to us too and I feel like the style I like is way more expensive than others which is annoying but I really don't want to just settle. I'm soooooo nervous about the contest LOL.  We've kept the lead almost the whole time since it started but other couples keep inching close & then I go crazy tweeting & FB messaging everyone I know & we pull far ahead again.  I'm sure people hate me right now!! I was tempted to go on the Kleinfeld site & have a look but I was afraid I'd jinx myself!  So maybe Thursday I'll look Laughing

SKP -- Thank you!! It sucks you can only vote every 24 hours, I hate that rule.

• elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RDR: I'm not even sure what style I like exactly, but I don't want to hire someone just because he's cheaper and is a related to FI's best friend. Pictures last forever... hopefully. Maybe you can find someone else with that style for a little bit more in your budget? I've heard that if you hire them last minute, you get a better deal. I don't think I'm willing to do that though, because I'm afraid we'll wait too long and won't be able to get anyone at all. And that would be horrible! But about the dress, just make sure you show us pics when/if you win (I'd say "when" but don't want to jinx it either), so we can drool along with you! : )

And I am also not a fan of the 24 hour thing. I think it should just be once any time in that day.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe. I checked in on the Eagles and Cowboys game last night, and my first thought was:  RDR is going to be THRILLED. They were definitely getting manhandled.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ely -- I will DEFINITELY PIP if we win, you can count on that!!! 

Cunning -- I only wish they'd played like that in the first 6 games!

Liv -- Thank you!!! I know, I'm going to have to  thank & apologize the crap out of everyone I know on Thursday for putting up with me this week LOL

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_weekend-update-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76eb0e1-70da-48dc-8210-ea2f6ab1e572Post:6f3f3c29-9caf-4261-ada5-47edf237fc6a">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]I keep voting for you! It's hilarious, you keep coming up in my FB newsfeed like a zillion (accurate number) times. I hope you win! 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

lol Mine too! And I keep sharing the link on my wall pestering friends of mine to vote. As many times as I've voted for their kids or whatever, they can put up with this for a few more days.

I'm so glad you had a great time at your engagement party! I'm sure it was a blast!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    I voted!  I really liked your reasons why you guys are the "perfect" couple.  Very sweet!  Good luck to you.
  • edited December 2011
    I voted again for you just a few minutes ago!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards