North Carolina

Anyone know of a Barn/farm location?Please help!

I'm looking for a barn/farm location for sometime in late july or early august. Leaning towards august! We're having a vintage carnival themed wedding. I dont want a "venue" per say just a great piece of land or barn setting?

I live in the raleigh area but I'd be open for anything in the surrounding area!
I also have family in lake gaston so anythign around that area would work too..
I'm from Virginia, my fiance is from Raleigh, NC so we'd love something in between or something here in Raleigh where we live.
Any suggestions about how to go about this would be amaaazing!!

I just dont know where to begin!?!  :)

Please help!
Meagan

Re: Anyone know of a Barn/farm location?Please help!

• edited December 2011
    Several brides have used the Barn at Valhalla.  There are probably reviews in the NC Bride Bio.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much, i'll look into it!
  • edited December 2011

The Hayloft-McLeansville (near Greensboro)
    Hodgin Valley Farm-Pleasant Garden (near Greensboro)
    Fearrington Barn-Chapel Hill (costs $$$)
    Although not a "real" barn ,but extremely beautiful is The Pavilions at Angus Barn-Raleigh

Snipes Farm Retreat-Chapel Hill

• edited December 2011
    Man, I need to buy some land in Wake County and build a reception barn lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey -- I'm getting married at the Pavilion at Angus Barn. Send me a message if you have any questions about it. It's obviously not a real barn, but has the barn "feel." 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to an event at the Pavilion last night. It's really beautiful at night with the way they have it lit.  It is a bit pricey, though.  We looked at it for a reception site and decided on another site because it was just too high.  If it wasn't, it would have been our choice. 
  • edited December 2011
    yes the pavillion is gorgeous but a liiiiitttle out of my price range..i still havent gotten any headway on this situation. Thinking about finding people with rental properties on craigslist and begging them to let me have a wedding on their farm haha
  • 13Dresses13Dresses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not really a barn but attended a wedding at Spruce Pine Lodge. It was in Bahama, NC. It was a really nice location.
  • rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

elodie farms - goat farm & amazing cheese! pretty sweet.

• edited December 2011
    There is the Dairy Barn in Fort Mill,SC. I know its kind of far but didn't know how far you were willing to go.
  • edited December 2011
    we decided on the Barn at Valhalla..its gorgeous in person and the owner, Duffy has no preferred vendors or any of that. He pretty much lets you do you're thing which is exactly what we had in mind!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out this website for unique rustic decor:  www.spottedleopard.etsy.com

They offer cool moss covered initials that look great on barn doors!
  • katiencbabekatiencbabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much does the pavilion at angus barn cost?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards