Wedding Etiquette Forum

Morning

How's everyone?  Hopefully the Knot IT shenanigans didn't scare everyone away completely.

Re: Morning

• Morning Mica. Any updates on the house you two put an offer on? Hope it all works out. I have a long day ahead of me but my dad will be in town to have a nice dinner out with FI and me so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Still waiting and on pins and needles.
  • Not much going on today. I'm leaving early to bring Whisky to the vet (just his regular 3-month checkup) then I think home for a nap since I got here so damn early.

The weekend was nice. Yesterday H and I spent almost all of the day together, which rarely happens, so it was nice getting to hang out with him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bbcdfd0-0f01-49eb-b616-b7d94e8572c8Post:bac29b6c-0baa-4c07-ab42-acec0bd08110">Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]How's everyone?  Hopefully the Knot IT shenanigans didn't scare everyone away completely.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Or hopefully it did scare some people away!  (kidding, kidding).

Good Morning.  It's rainy up in here today!  I drove my new car to work today, so that was fun.  It's all tiny compared to the Charger so I can whip around traffic, but I feel less "boss like" in this one.  It's a Sonata, named Willie.  I'm all mom car now. 
  • Good morning!

Good luck, Mica.  I hope it all works out for you two.

I had such a good weekend.  We went to Newport RI with friends on Saturday, and got our Christmas tree yesterday with my parents.  It's up, but not decorated yet.  I have no idea when we're going to get to it.  We're supposed to go out bowling tonight with one of H's EMT coworkers and his wife.  So maybe tomorrow.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I love that it says bay posted 3 hours ago.  I have a feeling I won't be here much today.
  • I was just thinking the same thing.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that today is pretty busy as if things continue this way, TK will be too confusing for me to contemplate monitoring.
  • Cfas, I see no problem with traveling to two different awesome places within a month.
  • I agree with Mica, there is definitely nothing wrong with two great trips.  Maybe you'll strike it rich in vegas so it won't matter! 
  • Good Morning. It's an odd week for me. I'm in VA Beach today, Richmond tomorrow, off Wednesday (with a full day planned already), back in VA Beach on Thursday, then up to DC Friday-Monday. Hopefully I can remember where I'm supposed to be each day.

I had an awesome time at the race yesterday. It's all jumbled in an AW thread, but I finished in 55:17 which was an 11:07 minute mile. Way faster than I expected.

We're putting an offer in on a house today. Fingers crossed they accept it, and it passes inspection. Can I get some knottie vibes? GL with your house offer Mica!!!
  • Good Luck MK!  Is this the little house you were talking about last week that would be perfect for your transition?  I hope it works out well.  Your week sounds like it's going to fly by! 
  • MK -- I'm crossing my fingers for good house luck for both of us today.

Stacks -- I love Hyundais.  I think my next car might be one, hopefully I'll have a reason to own a momobile before too long.

Cfas -- remember, don't use the slot machines by the doors, those have the worst odds.  Go for the ones in the middle of the room.  And when you are a gazillionaire, don't forget us here on TK.
  • Man, I'm hungry and want some chips. But I only have $.45 so I can't hit up the vending machine. I ate a stupid special K bar and that did not put an end to my chip craving. Not cool.

Has anyone seen the new commercial with the insurance guy, Mayhem? I can't remember the company. But it's a Christmas one and he's put through a machine that wraps the Christmas tree in netting, then they put him on top of the car. Well, I've never seen that machine before and I swear I thought they were putting him through a chipper at first and was so grossed out until H explained what it was. We've always had a fake tree since I'm allergic so I've never seen that netting machnie before.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Stacks this is a different one (the other one was too far gone and needed a lot of work for it to be worth it). It's still an A-Frame home, but it's much bigger. It's got two bedrooms, kitchen, bath, living room w/fire burning stove, a porch/deck off each level of the home, shed, dog house, playground (cuz we totally need one of those right now :-/ ), and a cellar/basement. It's going to be a long commute when I need to go in to the city, but it's what we need right now to get me up there.
  • Allstate, I believe, Sesh.

We just got our tree, and I watched it get netted up.  It's very handy, although then the tree needs to "settle" for a while because all the branches get smushed while the tree is netted. 

I was kind of convinced the tree would fly off the car last year, but this year, it fit in the trunk with the seats put down.  Yay for finally justifying H's larger car, we can transport a 6' tree safely.
  • Booze and candy would work, but really I just don't want to lose you to Luxury Weddings or whatever.  :P
  • It's Allstate, Sesh, and I just saw that happen for the first time yesterday!  I had no idea how they did that, either.  When we picked out our tree, H and my dad walked me over to show me how they did it.  It was pretty neat to watch, but I can see how you would think it was a woodchipper.

• Mica - Trevor has been all about them for forever.  I've always been kind of "meh".  This weekend I drove it and loved it.  Then we went to the Toyota dealership b/c T wanted to drive a Camry and see if he liked that better.  He said he always wanted to test drive one.  Well I drove the Camry first and I felt so uncomfortable in it.  I was like, nope this isn't the one.  He didn't believe me.  He thought I was trying to be nice for his love of Hyundai's.  So I pulled over and let him drive and he was so disappointed in the Camry as well.  It was weird b/c I've loved Camry's the past few years iwth the changes they've made so it shocked me that I loved the Sonata so much more.  Plus the Sonata was like $3k cheaper. 

Cfas - just tell H, "I've got 5 on it!" 
  • Well good luck on the offer anyhow MK.  It sounds like a really cute house.  And Cfas, just booze, no need to waste money on candy. 
  • H thought I was crazy. I was all "What are they doing to him?" and he just said, "It's just netting, relax." He couldn't believe I was so anxious over it. But he grew up with real trees, I've never picked out a Christmas tree before so it's just not something I know about. Until now, that is. The whole process baffles me though, because you'd think that would break the branches.

Also, remember my alien shadow story? I was telling the landlords about it Friday (they live next door, so obviously they need to know too) and they said that once we get quotes for the security system they'll help us out in paying for the installation. Sweet!
  • Here are some photos. It's on 2 acres of land, and Lucas says it's a super peaceful area.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l544/mkrupar/A-Frame.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l544/mkrupar/Deck.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l544/mkrupar/Stove.jpg

And if we get tired of the commute, it's something we can pay off in a few years so if we want to buy something closer to the city we can and still have this place for a weekend home.
  • Morning, yo. I'm hoping I won't be around much today, which will mean I'm actually being productive!

Didn't get much done this weekend. Hung out wiht my favorite little guy after work on Friday, got my hair done, met up for dinner and a show with my parents on Saturday.

Sunday, went were MIL wanted to go (for my birthday lunch). Did everything she wanted to do all day. Get to her house for my presents, it's all make up that I don't use. And? The card was all about my H. How he was a pretty swell guy before I came along (but now he's better), he was happy before I came along (but now he's happier), basically all about how I was born to make her baby happy. I was kinda offended.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LVB that sucks.
  • MK that house is so cute!  I love it.  That deck would be so gorgeous in the summer and fall.  I really hope you get it.  And a get away home in a few years would be pretty darn awesome. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bbcdfd0-0f01-49eb-b616-b7d94e8572c8Post:c7fa5fcd-de05-41da-af71-2cee841646a4">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any of you guys watch L&O:SVU? Becuase the Allstate Mayhem guy is Detective Cassidy from the first season. The one that had a mega-crush on Olivia. Just a little trivia for you.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

OMG.  I KNEW I recognized him from somewhere!

• Morning ladies.

It was a good weekend, but went by too fast. I am ready for another long weekend/break. Today is my late day, but it sure was nice to go to bed early and sleep in this AM. I need it. I have another damn cold (thanks kiddos) that I am hoping I can ditch real quick with lots of VItamins and rest.

It is rainy and crappy here, but I will take that over snow. And I got my new tires this weekend, so we shall see how those do in this shitty weather.
  • Hi guys. I am stopping in here since I am really scared of what is going on our there.

• Morning ladies.  Dreary, rainy day here in western NY.  Sounds like some good weekends were had by all!  I like that, I like that alot.

House vibes to Mica and MK.  And Habs, that is really wonderful.  She is a lucky sister to have you being so very excited for her.  Sounds like you two have some planning to do.

I pretty much slept for the entire weekend.  The bonus is that my knee is getting stronger and stronger.  I only have a slight gimp now when I walk.  And, am almost off the pain meds.  So let the clearing of the hazy fog I have been in for three weeks  begin!  Yay!

Here is a picture of a DIY project I completed this weekend.  FI had the same "fake" flowers in there for forever.  I needed a change, and change I did.  Now after Christmas I will need to do something again.  Maybe along a tropical theme?

• That house is pretty cool, mk. The location alone would sell me on buying it.
  • MK - cute house. H wants to be out and away from the city like that once we are able to buy. He wants land and more land. I wasn't ok with it at first having grown up in the city, but since the IL's live a ways outside the city, I do like it. It is quiet and peaceful and there aren't as many stupid city ordinances and restrictions and all that jazz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards