Wedding Woes

Oh, college kids/minors

I've been following our local drag queen/gay bar on FB.  They've pulled in 2 of the RuPaul Drag Show winners and a couple of the other contestants.  There are 3 queens from the show I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see, so I started following them so that I would know if any of those 3 come to town.  But man, the fun stuff I get to see now.  Whew!

The bar posts their little lead in for tonight and says $6 for minors, $8 for everyone else.  

There are 3 comments below (presumably from minors) complaining that the price had changed from $6 to $8, that's not what was on the event invite and now they had friends who wouldn't be able to go.

Okay, I remember being a cash strapped college kid.  But $2?  You shouldn't be spending $6 if you're so tight that $2 is going to keep you from going out!

Re: Oh, college kids/minors

• WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    college was a different time for me, and that $2 would have made a difference. i used to budget $3 a week for the parties, because, hey, a kid needs to unwind. i rarely had more than that $3 to spend.
  • WzzWzz member
    obviously now as an adult, i would be embarassed to complain over $2 like that.
  • $2= 8 beers on quarter beer night!
  • Yes, but they can't drink in the bar, which is why their cover is more.

I guess I'm trying to wrap my head around being so tight on money, that spending $6 is okay, but $8 is not.  If $2 is making that much difference, maybe you need to re-evaluate your cell phone plan or something.
  • WzzWzz member
    i'm not really judging that. even if you have $6 to last the week for mad money, there's nothing wrong with making a plan to go out and do something. if $2 is a make or break dollar amount, i can't imagine that not spending that $6 is going to make all that much difference in someone's life. even suze orman will approve broke poeple to go on a vacation once in a while because relaxing and having fun is important.
  • I would never go to a bar that had a cover in college. I was poor.
  • I always did my $10 night.  It was a techno club, no cover and $10 was enough for 2 drinks + tip.

The drag bar back in the day was around $3-$4 for a Fri/Saturday night (when they had the show), free the rest of the week.  I never cared about paying the cover, b/c it's how the queens get paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards