California-Los Angeles

Cake Suggestions

Hello fellow brides!
I've been looking up wedding cake shops for our wedding in April 2012. And although they all look very pretty, I'm not quite sure how well they taste. I don't have the time to try out every shop as I live in SF. However, I will be coming down next weekend so I thought it would be nice to head on over to some shops for a little tasting.
Any suggestions? :)

Re: Cake Suggestions

• KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Fantasy Frostings.  http://www.fantasyfrostings.com/

It was excellent.  We did a whole dessert bar with 5 cakes, 2 different kinds of cookies, 2 dif kinds of dessert shots, and cake pops. 

I also like Magnolia Bakery as well.  

http://magnoliabakery.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Where is your wedding going to be? We used Some Crust Bakery in Upland. Thier cake was awesome. Everyone complimented us on how delicious the cake was and thier customer service is excellent.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Although most places will deliver, the charges will vary based on distance. So an idea of location might help. We used Vanilla Bakeshop in Santa Monica, but also really liked SusieCakes Bakery.

• edited December 2011
    We went with The Great Dane.  Their cake shop is in Los Alamitos.  I liked that they let you choose the type of cake you wanted to try and when we didn't like an aspect of it, they brought out other fillings we liked so we could play around with the flavors.
  • edited December 2011
    Some Crust Bakery (I believe it's actually in Claremont) is the best.  My sister had it for her wedding and I'm planning on having it for mine.  Everyone was blown away with how good it tasted
  • monet7383monet7383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister used Hansen's in Los Angeles for her wedding and she received so many compliments. My venue gave me three bakeries to choose from for my wedding and the best out of those three was Torrance Bakery. I highly recommend either of these places
  • edited December 2011
    Porto's Bakery in Glendale or Burbank is wonderfully good! I will be getting my wedding cake there myself. I have not actually had a "wedding" cake from them yet but we order a cake from there for every birthday at work. We've never been disappointed!
    My Aunt has had specialty cakes made for her and my Uncle's 50th Birthday parties and they were also a hit!

(And a plus if you do go in to try out their cakes: They have wonderful sandwiches, and potato balls and empanadas, and...mmmm!!!)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out www.LeCakeBonbon.com for cake bonbons! Guests absolutely love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards