Ohio-Cleveland

Ceremony Locations - Non-denominational or Non-Religious

Anyone have any good locations for a ceremony site in NE ohio (Preferably close to cleveland)? I'd love an outdoor wedding, but I can't really find any locations that have indoor backup for rain that can house 250+ people. A fully indoor wedding would work too but would likely have to be non-denominational or non-religious ceremony. Both of us were raised catholic but are not practicing. Thanks in advance!

Re: Ceremony Locations - Non-denominational or Non-Religious

• Do you already have a reception site? Im having an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception all at Landerhaven.( Mayfield) They will also have a backup room available with a possiblity of a tent up. They are still deciding on purchasing and keeping a tent they have up right now. Also its about 50 minutes from Cleveland but soo worth it for the view. Stan Hywett Hall and Gardens in Akron. Gorgeous.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_ceremony-locations-non-denominational-or-non-religious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:21e894a3-8c7e-4ddf-9d9a-f056e5893c72Post:0a50d337-a038-453a-8640-7bb4d6e6ca48">Ceremony Locations - Non-denominational or Non-Religious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any good locations for a ceremony site in NE ohio (Preferably close to cleveland)? I'd love an outdoor wedding, but I can't really find any locations that have indoor backup for rain that can house 250+ people. A fully indoor wedding would work too but would likely have to be non-denominational or non-religious ceremony. Both of us were raised catholic but are not practicing. Thanks in advance!
    Posted by nprr1185[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks! Yes, I have a hall that I want to use but they do not have a good place for the ceremony. It's located in Parma, so I would like to stay relatively close to there. I've looked into some, but unfortunately many seem to not hold enough people. I got information on Old Town Hall in strongsville, Grand Pacific Chapel and Hale farm...all don't seat enough people inside.  
  • No idea exactly how many they hold, but Middleburg Hts. Community Church is non-denom and worth checking into. Also, Old Oak Bible Church in Middleburg Hts. another non-denom. Or, the Old Stone Church in downtown, but I think that can get pricey.

You might also consider a place that would traditionally do a reception and just see what the cost for a ceremony would be. Skyview Lodge in Brunswick is a nice hall with lots of windows and great orchard view. It would easily hold 250.

Good luck! With a guest list that size, you're going to really have to do some searching.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My fiance and I are of different religions too, and we found a beautiful church in Middleburg Heights.  It's Middleburg Heights Community Church and you don't have to be a member and they are open to different religions and worked well with us.
  • Check out different community centers. Some cities have really nice parks around their community centers & if it happens to rain then you just need to move chairs inside. Or check out colleges campus too. You might be able to arrange an outdoor ceremony with using their theater auditorium as a backup.
  • Thanks for the ideas! I am still struggling....I've contacted some more places with still no luck for my needs...My next bet is to find somewhere in the metroparks and hope for no rain??? There hasn't been more than drizzle in the last 15 years for my likely date...with the majority of years being hot and fair. 
  • Have you checked the Cleveland Botanical Gardens?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards