Snarky Brides

dress

Hi ladies! I just posted attire advice on etiquette board but figured I would ask dress opinions on here as well! 

The wedding is in small town in Louisiana in may at 6 or 630. It is southern vintage style at a little country church and the reception at a plantation. My colors are champagnes, ivories, and blush pinks/peaches.

I am so torn between two dresses!! I love both and they both look great on me. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures in them. I am blonde, fair, blue eyes and love the off colors on these dresses. I honestly think I would be happy with either one. 

dress 1 no jacket strapless-

dress 2 a-line-

so just curious which one ya'll like? i know its hard when you can't see them on just want to know personal taste.

Re: dress

• I think i like number one better. I seems much cleaner and classic for the look you are going for.
  • edited July 2010
    Your post came through funky and some of it can't be read. But I looked at your links. it's really difficult with your dress choices to determine what would be right for you. If you want the boards opinion, I would suggest trying them on, taking pics, and posting them back here. You might be surprised at what fits you personally, and what doesn't.

ETA: WOW, I know it has nothing what-so-ever to do with this post, but I have to say that the curtains in the first link of the second choice are hideous! 
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • I like the second one a lot... cute and fun ...I know the event is rather classy but I think cute and fun can go rather well with classy ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think i like number 2 a wee bit more. But they are both beautiful! Try them on and find out which you feel most comfortable in!
  • #1.  Your venues are so classic and I'm just not a fan of things popping off of dreses when they're somewhat randomly placed.
  • For a moment, I thought you were getting married in St. Augustine near Natchitoches, but then I remembered it was wooden, not brick.  Nice reception venue!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • sorry for the funky mess up ladies! idk what happened but theknot is acting strange for me. But the message basically asked which is your favorite for a southern vintage style wedding. 

missy-thank you! its in st. francisville where i grew up a little town about 40 minutes north of baton rouge.

I do think the second dress is much more fun and MUCH more comfortable. I think the first dress is much more southern belle. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the dresses when I went :( 
     they both seem to show different parts of my personality just not sure which i want to show. I am 5'6'' and 130lbs even all over so i'm pretty average and look really good in both dresses.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4170b67-d7c6-4808-9f5e-94f17daa1141Post:0a409f2f-23dd-4e9a-90e7-08872931a33d">Re: dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry for the funky mess up ladies! idk what happened but theknot is acting strange for me. But the message basically asked which is your favorite for a southern vintage style wedding.  missy-thank you! its in st. francisville where i grew up a little town about 40 minutes north of baton rouge. I do think the second dress is much more fun and MUCH more comfortable. I think the first dress is much more southern belle. <strong>I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the dresses when I went :( </strong>  they both seem to show different parts of my personality just not sure which i want to show. I am 5'6'' and 130lbs even all over so i'm pretty average and look really good in both dresses.
    Posted by alexlad[/QUOTE]

<div>Find another shop. This is a BS high-pressure sales tactic. Just have your mom or friend whip out her cell phone and snap away. If they give you grief, tell them it's pics or they just lost a sale. </div>
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • FWIW, if you're not doing all the lace on top, I like the first dress.

I lived in that town (Natch) for 18 months. Two good things about it: the Christmas festival, and my baby girl Maggie (Magnolia) who I got from the pound there - my good little runty Catahoula.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • yes the perks of a small town lol!! i have been living in baton rouge for awhile and love it but i miss st francisville every now and then :)
  • IMO, i like the first one better.  i think it's a little more classic and suits the venue (also makes the waist look super tiny) the second dress isn't my style, but i do think it is super cute and fun.  i just think i'd be worried about all the little appliques and such falling off while dancing, but that's just me. 

if you love both of them equally, i'd go with the most comfortable one.  most people think they can handle an uncomfortable dress for just one day, but it's YOUR day and i wouldn't want to spend it fighing to breathe. LOL (that's how i was in my BM dress for my sis's wedding..)

Anniversary
  • I gotta ditto PPs that say you should try on the dresses, take pics, then post those. neither dress is my style, so it's hard for me to give an opinion since I don't really like either just from the models wearing them. it's much easier to give opinions once you're actually wearing the dress. if I have to choose, I say #1 because it's cleaner.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards