Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OL Tuesday

Dear universe,
Stop.

Dear Knotties,
I would appreciate your prayers.  A friend of mine was arrested for something I can't believe he could possibly do and he is going to need all the support he can get.
Anniversary

Re: OL Tuesday

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:56e011f1-52c3-4f12-b901-b7bd810a95d7Post:8c1e44f6-8298-4e1d-a265-05a2d907298f">OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear universe, Stop. Dear Knotties, I would appreciate your prayers.  A friend of mine was arrested for something I can't believe he could possibly do and he is going to need all the support he can get.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Dear Amanda -

That happened to me a couple months ago... a teacher.  To this day, it kills me to think that he could/would possibly do it.  It's devastating.  Prayers to you and your friend.

- Me
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Apartment Office,
    We will be having conversations about your "courtesy patrol". We also will be getting an alarm and/or gun pronto. With or without your permission.

Dear Nerves,
    Please calm. I can't handle this all day.

ETA:Amanda,
    T&Ps to you!
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda-
    T&Ps for your friend and his family. 

Bronchitis-
    Please go away! Thanksgiving is in 2 days and we're moving in 5, I have too much packing to do to be sick.

Self-
    You have to get those grad annoucements sent out TODAY! Graduation is in 24 days!

Kathleen-
    What went down at your apartment complex??
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:56e011f1-52c3-4f12-b901-b7bd810a95d7Post:b13a8379-a4ec-451c-acb5-a93b64a47d48">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda- T&Ps for your friend and his family.  Bronchitis- Please go away! Thanksgiving is in 2 days and we're moving in 5, I have too much packing to do to be sick. Self- You have to get those grad annoucements sent out TODAY! Graduation is in 24 days! <strong>Kathleen- What went down at your apartment complex??
    </strong>Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

Kristan,
    Some guy comes knocking at the door dressed like a maitenance/plumber guy. I asked through the door who it was...no answer. I called the courtesy patrol...he knocked 2 more times and then left. (This was at 7:40, so well before the 10:30 cutoff time...)  The courtesy patrol never called back but FI said that there was a real police officer driving around the complex when he got home. THEN my Dad calls this morning needing a ride to work because someone stole his truck.  He lives two buildings over from me.

But....Yay for graduation!!! :D
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:56e011f1-52c3-4f12-b901-b7bd810a95d7Post:f2ac5bfd-7540-48fd-9e9d-de538ca1e580">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Kristan, Some guy comes knocking at the door dressed like a maitenance/plumber guy. I asked through the door who it was...no answer. I called the courtesy patrol...he knocked 2 more times and then left. (This was at 7:40, so well before the 10:30 cutoff time...)  The courtesy patrol never called back but FI said that there was a real police officer driving around the complex when he got home. THEN my Dad calls this morning needing a ride to work because someone stole his truck.  He lives two buildings over from me. But....Yay for graduation!!! :D
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh my gosh how scary! And I'm so sorry about your dad's truck! So glad your complex OBVIOUSLY cares about the safety of its tenants (jerks!). Good thing the real police are watching out for you.</div><div>
    </div><div>Re: graduation-I know right?! If I can just get these darn things mailed out...

</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Brianna,
    Same thing here.  I don't know if you read the news but I taught with that guy last year.

Kathleen,
    My complex let me install a wireless alarm, and it was great.  We went with Parker Security and I loved them.
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:56e011f1-52c3-4f12-b901-b7bd810a95d7Post:28e45a10-8987-4912-8ad4-fff27d415d38">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brianna, Same thing here.  I don't know if you read the news but I taught with that guy last year. <strong>Kathleen, My complex let me install a wireless alarm, and it was great.</strong>  We went with Parker Security and I loved them.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Amanda,
    This is what I'm hoping they'll let me do.
    Thank you for the rec. I found a few online but I felt sketchy about them.

Kristan,
    I think that's what makes me so uncomfortable. Not even 2 weeks ago I was in there asking about this stuff because I was home alone and the girl was all blank faced "They patrol until 10:30". Making me feel silly because I'm nervous about crazies coming to my door.
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:56e011f1-52c3-4f12-b901-b7bd810a95d7Post:74dcf637-9671-4633-a14e-9165a45072f0">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Amanda, This is what I'm hoping they'll let me do. Thank you for the rec.<strong> I found a few online but I felt sketchy about them.</strong> Kristan, I think that's what makes me so uncomfortable. Not even 2 weeks ago I was in there asking about this stuff because I was home alone and the girl was all blank faced "They patrol until 10:30". Making me feel silly because I'm nervous about crazies coming to my door.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]
    We have protect America for our house (wireless). They sent and FI was able to install himself. They have an iPhone app so you can turn on/turn off yourself, wireless keychain remotes, and are super fast to call. plus no set up fee since you diy. Also, that sucks about that guy. There is nothing worse than not feeling safe in your own home :-/<div>
    </div><div>Amanda, Ts&Ps. </div><div>
    </div><div>Kristan- yay for finishing :) </div><div>
    </div><div>I am full of lameness this morning- so no OLs. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    edited December 2011

WEEE!
    The apartments said I could put in any kind of alarm I wanted, Wireless, non-wireless whatever! They didn't even try to fight me on it!
    YAY!

• edited December 2011
    Ooh, do wired. It's cheaper.
    Anniversary

• ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crash,
     I'm sorry about what happened! I got an alarm when my old apartment was broken into, and I went with Vivint. I love them, and you can control it through the phone, internet, etc. Just another idea!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Amanda,

T&Ps with you and your friend. 

- Sad Knottie -

Dear Universe,

I would also like to ask you to stop.  My coworker was terminated today and immediately after, my good friend from school text me because her husband was just committed.   Just... take it easy on us the rest of this week, please....

-Overwhelmed Knottie-
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Angelsong-
    YGPM!
    -Me
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:56e011f1-52c3-4f12-b901-b7bd810a95d7Post:bfe62e28-2d51-4134-8e5a-c6bbfae4fe9d">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angelsong- YGPM! -Me
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

Done :-)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    thank you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards