Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair extensions?

Hi, just a question about wedding hair.... I've quite thin hair but really want to wear it down on the day. My stylists trying clip in extensions which look great, but feel weird. Did anyone else wear extensions on their day - if you wouldn't usually wear them?

Re: Hair extensions?

• One of my bridesmaids keeps trying to get me to agree to extensions... I don't like the idea of them, I want to have my own hair on my wedding day. But that's my chioce, and I think extensions look fine as long as they're done right. And you gotta feel right with them because you want to be comfortable on your wedding day, right? :)
  • Yes, I did.  They felt weird to me too.  I wore them around the house as much as possible for a couple weeks before the wedding.  That helped a lot.  It also helped me realize that they hurt my scalp in certain parts of my head, so I could tell my stylist to not put them there on the day of.  They definitely feel weird at first, but I highly recommend wearing them around to get used to them.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Im a hairstylist and def recommend extensions for your hair if you have thin hair...This will make your hair look awesome! I wore clip ins for years and loved them! For me they did not hurt my head, I even slept in them! But I would wear them around to get use to them, but I would def do it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-in-2-months-just-found-out-im-pregnant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:44951080-97ac-477d-9f66-8cfec122e77fPost:7b32470d-2b9b-4567-a0ee-4ec6fbaa8779">Re: Hair extensions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I did.  They felt weird to me too.  I wore them around the house as much as possible for a couple weeks before the wedding.  That helped a lot.  It also helped me realize that they hurt my scalp in certain parts of my head, so I could tell my stylist to not put them there on the day of.  They definitely feel weird at first, but I highly recommend wearing them around to get used to them.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    i am having clip in extensions for my wedding, i think they will add to my look
  • I used clip-ins for my wedding but I wore them all the time so I am used to them.  I never knew they were there especially since I had a professional put them in who did a much better job than I ever can.
  • CryssteenCryssteen member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I just had my hair trial this weekend.   Conclusion: I don't have enough hair for the side pulled curly effect I'm looking for.  So, I'm going to try the clips as well.  I am actually pretty excited.  I'm a nurse, so I don't really "dress up" for work.  We're in full-on wedding saving mode, so we're not going out on the town.  My wedding day is really a rare occassion to glam it up (or as glam as I get anyway).  So, I'm doing eyelashes (love) and extensions.  I think it will really help me look my (slightly alterted) best.  Hey, the tv and movie stars do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards