Not Engaged Yet

SS. And What's For Lunch?

Hey Ladies!

I felt a need to squee!  My mom just emailed me to tell me I got mail from Jersey, and it's a package!  Considering I haven't ordered anything, I can only assume it's my SS.  And HOLY COW I DON'T WANT TO WAIT UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY TO GO GET IT!

That being said, since I would not like to know who my SS is until I open the box, tell me what you're having for lunch!  I have yet to figure it out, but I'm hungry.  And on a diet.
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: SS. And What's For Lunch?

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yay Peek!

I don't know what's for lunch. I haven't even had breakfast yet. I suppose I should get off the internet and go to work now.  =(
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for surprise gifts! I definitely understand not wanting to wait for lunch, lol.

I'm not sure what I'm having for lunch yet. I have to be good since I definitely overindulged the day after Thanksgiving with leftover pie. So I can either be good and have some chicken and some kind of vegetable or I can have leftovers again ...

I'm pretty sure that I can't afford to be bad anymore though, lol. So I'll be good and have some chicken with half of a sweet potato and some kind of veggie. I wish we had some salad.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Probably a PB&J sandwich on toasted bread.  I'm in a kiddie type of mood.

Oh, and you should so peek!
    Michelle & Ronnie

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Packages are the best but having to wait to open them is the worst :(

I have a Smart One (fettucini alfredo).  Since I've been working out (aka doing Just Dance 3) for an hour everyday I'm really buckling down on eating well.  

Although yesterday, I made s'mores with the s'more machine Leia gave me for Christmas & it was AWESOME! I might have to "cheat" & have another on tonight :)

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, maybe I'll run to publix and grab a GF microwaveable thing.  I could do the asian thing today.  om nom nom.

At least I don't have to look at it.  If I had to wait to open it and it were sitting in front of me, I'd be going crazy.  Seriously.  It's 8 hours away.  No temptations there!
    I french with my man
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I had some homemade chicken soup :)  oh, and kettle corn.  Kinda a weird combo, but both are delish :)

I especially like how your mom called you to tell you there's a package at home :)  very sweet!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    Gum and a bottle of water is my lunch O.o

I don't really eat lunch at work! When I do, I feel sluggish and unproductive and nothing gets done.

Speaking of SS stuff: cunning, if you're here, I used my dinosaur pasta spoon this week and I love it so much. FI and I made rawr noises everytime we used it to scoop up the pasta =D

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Lunch is recently my least favorite meal. I often skip it at work and on the weekends. Bad news bears. I'm determined to find exciting lunches to eat so I looked online and fell in love with this blog: Nomnom. Makes me want little ones in school ASAP.

I went with a bag of salad from the grocery store. Its Sante Fe something or other. Very tasty. 100 calorie Cheez-it bag and two green apples.
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peek, when is your birthday??

For lunch I had a huge plate of baked mac and cheese. I made it Saturday night and had it for dinner then. I also had it for lunch yesterday. Both lunches I also had bread with it. I'm really bad at eating well :(
    White Knot
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man! That's the suck!!!! I found out that for some reason my postman decided to deliver my SS to my mom's house (who is out of town!) this weekend. Thankfully she lives a few blocks away so I swung by the house and picked it up lol

As for lunch, I had a half Boar's Head Italian sub from Publix. We had subs yesterday for lunch, so I got a whole to take part with me to work today. :-)

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ss-whats-lunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23187af9-e803-47dc-bbd3-dacc1e04a51bPost:6c271780-46bc-4581-9794-e0a81164f7f4">Re: SS. And What's For Lunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Peek, when is your birthday?? </strong>For lunch I had a huge plate of baked mac and cheese. I made it Saturday night and had it for dinner then. I also had it for lunch yesterday. Both lunches I also had bread with it. I'm really bad at eating well :(
    Posted by alanna91[/QUOTE]

<div>December 14.  I'm flying home for Mom's retirement on the 16th :)</div>
    I french with my man
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yay for SS. I am excited to get mine, though I've been a little lax in figuring out what I'm getting for mine... she is not easy to buy for!

For lunch - probably a Lean Pocket. I forgot to bring any sides, so who knows what else I'll end up snacking on. Maybe a few scoops of peanut butter?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I still haven't sent my SS present yet.  All of these gift AWs are making me feel terrible.  I must get to work on it.  Today.
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having Progresso Light chicken noodle out of the can. It's cold and pretty much everyone I've ever talked to thinks I'm a total weirdo for eating it cold but I love it! FI made it hot once and it freaked me out but I didn't have the heart to tell him.
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ss-whats-lunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:23187af9-e803-47dc-bbd3-dacc1e04a51bPost:d0c09092-f2d8-4dd1-a4ed-9e950597d4a1">Re: SS. And What's For Lunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still haven't sent my SS present yet.  All of these gift AWs are making me feel terrible.  I must get to work on it.  Today.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I feel the same Elle. I've ordered it, but I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can package it with the rest. But it will probably be another week before it gets out!

• IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am skipping lunch today - I have a habit of doing this. But I didn't go grocery shopping this weekend, and so I didn't refressh my lunch stash at work. :( I'm going tonight though...

As for SS, daaaaaaamn people!! that's all I can say. I've been working on mine, and am halfway done, but my joints and such are giving me problems lately, so I haven't been working on it - well, that and I was an uber nerd and played FFX-2 all day Saturday instead of working on it lol. It will go out by next week though... I'm hoping... Gaaaah LOL
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I had bread left over from making dressing for Thanksgiving, so I got lazy and just threw some cheese and chicken on said bread. I tossed in a Honeycrisp apple and that was the end of that.

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm still working on breakfast over here, but I'm having some mango, banana, fat free Greek yogurt, raw almonds, and a little bit of raw honey, with a cup of tea.

Peek - your birthday is so close to mine! It's Dec 17 :)

Holy keen SSs! Mine will go out before I fly home, but man, some of you ladies are speedy!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm eating some progresso reduced sodium chicken noodle soup. I wish I could say it was hitting the spot. *makes face*

@ BSIDE: That's awesome! I love that you made rawr noises. I'm glad you like it! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ss-whats-lunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:23187af9-e803-47dc-bbd3-dacc1e04a51bPost:cb7eff7f-85cf-47a4-9760-94c24fb75746">Re: SS. And What's For Lunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ BSIDE: That's awesome! I love that you made rawr noises. I'm glad you like it! :) 
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

We're going to make ninja Jello jigglers next weekend, and anxiously awaiting an opportunity to make some skull cupcakes =D

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    I had a side salad and ham and bean soup from a local train car that is made into a soup, sandwich, and ice cream shop...it's called "Soups n' Scoops"  It's one of my favorite lunch spots! :)

I picked up a little something for my SS gift and ordered the other on Amazon last week, I chose slow/free shipping so I'd have more $ for the overall gift, but now I'm impatiently waiting to get it and get the whole box together and sent out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    I just ate some homemade chicken nuggets and spongbob shaped mac and cheese. Kids lunch, and of course delicious.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011

Is it bad that when I get my SS gift...I don't want to open it up until Christmas? I love opening my gifts at Christmas.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Now I want to eat because I'm angry (at my stupid effing CEO of course) and being angry makes me want to eat. Rawr.

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am jealous!   How exciting for packages!!!  I am eating two things of fries for lunch.  I know healthy.  Lol  Don't follow my example!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ss-whats-lunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:23187af9-e803-47dc-bbd3-dacc1e04a51bPost:84e0566c-7c94-45d7-a7ef-cdf658e6a595">Re: SS. And What's For Lunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am jealous!   How exciting for packages!!!  I am eating two things of fries for lunch.  I know healthy.  Lol  Don't follow my example!
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards