Texas-San Antonio

Rehearsal Dinner

Hi Ladies!

Do I send invites for the rehearsal dinner? We have a lot of people coming from out of town and I want to let them know that they are invited, so I wasn't sure. Help!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    We just did word of mouth for our RD, but ours was very small (I think around 25 people) and just the wedding party and some family.  I know a lot of couples do send out invites for the RD, so if you have the time and money to do it I think it would be great. You could even include it in your wedding invite for those invited to the RD if you have room.
  • edited December 2011
    We had planned on doing vistaprint postcards...but just didn't end up having time...so it was all just word of mouth for us as well...we did have about 45 people attending.
  • HikeBanditHikeBandit member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just was involved in my sister-in-laws wedding in San Antonio. We sent out formal invites for the wedding, and because most of us were flying in from other places around the US and elsewhere, we had the rehearsal the evening before the wedding. We were afraid that people would make plans to sightsee or visit friends in the areas, so we sent out emails ahead of time informing everyone to plan to have a group dinner after the rehearsal, and we also included directions to the restaurant (which most people did not print out and bring!) from the church. After the rehearsal, we all caravanned to the restaurant. We had the rehearsal dinner in the private banquet room at Sushihana Japanese Restaurant in Castle Hills. They were very accommodating and had options other than just Japanese food so we had something for everyone. I recommend it.Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't send any out, and just told the people who were invited over the phone.  granted we only had his and my immediate family, our best friend/minister and my maid of honor. So in total only 20 people, but all of our guests are from out of town with the exception of 6 people, so we couldn't invite them all, and we are having it on Thursday Night so that Friday we can hang out with everyone who is coming into town. 

Plus I just didn't see the point in wasting money on another item. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards