Plus-Sized

39 DAYS TO GO AND IM NOT FEELING VERY PRETTY/FESTIVE

Hey Everyone,

Blogging is not something I do on a regular basis but here I am sitting here going over my guest list and everything and I just feel so blahhhhhhhhhhhh. I am a size 16w and although this isn't the biggest I have ever been, I feel so unattractive. I put on mega weight over the past 3 yrs after I fought to lose so much (went from a 9/10 to the 16W). Now my wedding day is approaching and while my dress is beautiful, I am insecure feeling as though I will look like an oversized bed spread in it. It doesn't help that I have had very little motivation to lose and I also lost 12 lbs and am slowly gaining it back. My bridal party is made up of beautiful normal sized women and I just can't shake my uneasy feelings. My fiance thinks I am beautiful and always tells me so...I am an emotional wreck I just don't know what to do smh...

Re: 39 DAYS TO GO AND IM NOT FEELING VERY PRETTY/FESTIVE

• first off..."normal size" doesn't matter. Isn't the average woman a size 14 now? Size is just a number shoved down our throats by the fashion industry to sell clothes. Embrace your beauty, inside and out, and rock your wedding!!
  • Hi date twin!  You will look amazing!  The stress of the wedding planning is probably getting to you a bit.  Do you have a friend you can go to the gym with or on a walk with?  Getting some exercise will help you de-stress and feel better about, well, everything.  Take some "me" time to do something you enjoy could also hep with the stress.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a June 2nd bride also! I am definitely starting to feel the pressure as the days dwindle and I have just been EXHAUSTED lately. My brain says I need to move my butt and go to the gym to at least TRY to get healthier/more in shape... But my body is sluggish and can't seem to get motivated to do much of anything. I feel the insecurity too---but at the end of the day, FI loves me just as I am and that has to count for something.
  • I have battled with my weight for most of my life and while I have evened out at a size 20 for the past 4 or 5 years I've felt the urge to lose as much as I can before my wedding.  Mostly because my dress hasn't come in yet and I'm so afraid that it won't fit me. However I have found that just going on a walk or using our exercise bike for 30 mins a day has helped me emotionally more than anything. I think if you give yourself the motivation to do it everyday for a week you will find you get in a routine pretty easy. The other big help I have found when I'm going through body issues is practicing yoga. Yoga and meditation. Just taking the time to be with yourself and kind of looking in always helps me find peace. Hope that helps.
  • Hun relax and enjoy your special day. in the past 3 years i have gained almost 60 lbs. and 30 in just the past year. it happens its hard. just relax. and take a deep breath. i am 5 foot 1 and 200 lbs my MOH is 5 foot 6 and 120 it dosent matter whos standing with you everyone will see how happy you are and your inner beauty will shine all the way to the outside and everyone will only see a beautiful bride. You got it hun so flont it :)
  • Thank you so much..you are absolutely right! In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_39-days-to-go-and-im-not-feeling-very-prettyfestive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:13874e80-ab97-43d7-8f6b-bb8a638b4fd8Post:f8d81cc7-f329-4055-b167-41bfe8163ad8">Re:39 DAYS TO GO AND IM NOT FEELING VERY PRETTY/FESTIVE</a>:
    [QUOTE]first off..."normal size" doesn't matter. Isn't the average woman a size 14 now? Size is just a number shoved down our throats by the fashion industry to sell clothes. Embrace your beauty, inside and out, and rock your wedding!!
    Posted by renjon7798[/QUOTE]
  • Hi Thank you so much for your reply...our big day is the same date huh thats great...congrats to you! I actually do have a friend who walks with me and has been helping keep my stress to a minimum...thank you for your reply I am def gonna be ok! In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_39-days-to-go-and-im-not-feeling-very-prettyfestive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:13874e80-ab97-43d7-8f6b-bb8a638b4fd8Post:00b5d0c2-3560-49c5-8565-2f196bd6e714">Re: 39 DAYS TO GO AND IM NOT FEELING VERY PRETTY/FESTIVE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi date twin!  You will look amazing!  The stress of the wedding planning is probably getting to you a bit.  Do you have a friend you can go to the gym with or on a walk with?  Getting some exercise will help you de-stress and feel better about, well, everything.  Take some "me" time to do something you enjoy could also hep with the stress.
    Posted by becka717[/QUOTE]
  • Hi, Congrats to you! I feel the same way I think the exhaustion is primarily psychological which pretty much leads us to feel so sluggish. No worries I know you will be beautiful! I feel so happy to have people like you guys on the knot to help me put things into perspective...my fiance loves me the way that I am...I guess its time to kick those insecurities! Thanks for your reply
  • Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I can relate to you my weight has been a battle for me as well. I am so overwhelmed with the fear I wont look beautiful sometimes that all it leads to is more eating...but I am getting better day to day. I never consider yoga or meditation but its worth a try...Congrats on your wedding and thanks again!
  • Thank you so much for your reply you too are right! I also put on weight in 2009 I was 171 now I am 209. I am 5 ft 4 inches...my girls are beautiful but at the same time they never make me feel as though they outshine me...I just need to learn how to embrace all my wholesumness lol...Seriously speaking though I feel beautiful when I put my dress on and just that alone is enough for me to be grateful...im gonna suck it up and flaunt it! Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards