Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Okoboji Lake Side Wedding Ideas

We're newly engaged and hashing around ideas of ceremony sites. We're considering the Okoboji area and would like to have something right by the water. Any ideas?
Angela :)

Re: Okoboji Lake Side Wedding Ideas

• Options
    One of our GM and his wife got married at a camp on the lake in Spirit Lake. I wasn't at the wedding and I don't know the name of the camp but it looked nice from the pictures.
  • Options
    Hi Angela, Congrats on your engagement!  My fiance and I will be getting married at The Inn in Okoboji, which is a really cute hotel on West Lake Okoboji. Their website is www.bojifun.com, if you want to check it out :-)  

Our favorite thing about this location is that we'll get married by the water with a very pretty view and then they have a few options different rooms where you can hold the reception and then all our guests from out of town will stay there.  The lady we're working with is very nice and they hold a lot of events here which is good.  They also just got a new chef. 

We did a lot of looking around and another place that would be great is Gulls Point the state park.  You could set up the ceremony along the water and then they have a very nice lodge that you can rent out.  It was very reasonably priced ($200 I think) and you cater everything in.  

Just a few months ago they put in a concrete landing near Arnold's Park for things like weddings.  This would be a cool view.  

I have also seen a hotel online call the Wild Rose Inn.  We did not check into this because we knew we wanted to  be on the water and it is not, but the pictures and reviews all sound good here.  

Have fun looking around!  I love Okoboji and can't wait to get married there too!    

• Options
    I'm getting married in Clear Lake so that doesn't really help the OP.

I go to a conference regularly at The Inn at Okoboji and I think they do a terrific job with food, accomodations, ambiance, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I live near Okoboji and there are some beautiful sites there! A popular site is at Gull Point State Park. Take a look at this website and that may give you some ideas too. http://www.weddingmapper.com/plan/ia/okoboji
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards