Massachusetts-Boston

Reception venues... under 15,000

I am in the process of narrowing down reception venues for a may 2013 (flexible date) wedding. I have between 120-150 guests, and want to try and keep the budget under 15,000. I am looking in to the Corinthian Hall in Melrose... any reviews, or suggestions for other places?

thank you!

Re: Reception venues... under 15,000

• MbjeromeMbjerome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Wachusett Country Club in West Boylston. Good food, nice landscaping, and cheap!
  • Mo2T&OMo2T&O member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you are located and how close you are looking to stay to Boston but the Groveland Fairways (45 minutes north of Boston) is beautiful and really inexpensive. It's a $1,500 on a Saturday, $1,200 on a Friday and $800 on a Sunday to rent April-October, $500 to have the ceremony there (they do inside or outside) then they have three caterers to choose from. The cheapest caterer is Cloverleaf - they quoted me at $6,000 for 150 people and the food at the food tasting was amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Bear HIll Country Club, Cafe Escadrille, Black Swan Country Club, and the country club in Reading (I cannot remember the name of it...Hill something).

I've been to functions at all of those places and they're all lovely.  A friend of mine got married at Cafe Escadrille last week, and I have a friend getting married at Black Swan late next year.  They both have had nothing but great things to say about their respective places. 
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    edited December 2011
    I second Groveland Fairways!! I am using Affairs Catering and we were quoted just under $8k for 150 people.  The food tasted amazing as well.

Anniversary
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out the Doubletree Bedford Glen Hotel in Bedford, MA.  we looked there and they have a beautiful outdoor patio space.  I believe they had packages that included a lot (cake, flowers, chair covers, etc) starting at like $85 pp, which should work for your budget.
  • Britt1015Britt1015 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions!
  • kimberlyb122kimberlyb122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crestview Plaza (been to 2 wedding here) and Montvale Plaza in Woburn are both very inexpensive.

Lakeview Pavilion in Foxboro area... again been to 2 weddings there.

Or Davensport Yacht Club in Danvers, where I've been many times.
  • JayPlusKayJayPlusKay member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_reception-venues-under-15000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:cce120f9-d206-4a13-b5ac-5404310ba13aPost:82836b03-45f0-48c5-8fb6-209cdc4456da">Re: Reception venues... under 15,000</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crestview Plaza (been to 2 wedding here) and Montvale Plaza in Woburn are both very inexpensive.<strong> Lakeview Pavilion in Foxboro area</strong>... again been to 2 weddings there. Or Davensport Yacht Club in Danvers, where I've been many times.
    Posted by kimberlyb122[/QUOTE]

<div>The prices that Lakeview gave me started at (I think) $85 a person. Plus tax, plus gratuity. Though it was totally gorgeous, I had to turn it down because it was too expensive for my budget, which is about the same as OPs. Maybe they have deals that I missed out on?

I'm getting married at Monponsett Inn in Halifax. The more inclusive package prices start at $65 per person and that includes venue, food, cake, DJ, limo, flowers, invitations...and I think a few other extras (also, the ceremony, if you want it there). It's such a steal. The reason they can keep their prices so low is because the location is kind of in the middle of nowhere. It's beautiful though!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards