Michigan-Grand Rapids

Favors? or no Favors?

For my at home celebration I was considering doing favors?  But I don't want to do a trinket someone will just throw away, just for the sake of doing favor.  I saw on some websites that you can buy homeade deocrated monogramed cookies, but figured if you order them online they would be stale, or like cardboard LOL.  Any thoughts or suggestions on favors, or something made locally?  Thanks!

Re: Favors? or no Favors?

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am kind of anti-favor myself, but if you're determined to do it, then edible ones are the best.
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Grand Rapids Popcorn makes favor-sized bags. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Cookies By Design. We had them make their choc chunk cookes and they packaged them with a ribbon. We bought tags to add to them and they were perfect!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely do edible if you were going to do a favor.  GR popcorn does make favor size bags, Truffle Trolley does small boxes with truffles in them, and there are some basic other edible options as well (m&m's, hershey's kisses, etc).
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_favors-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:2135dd32-b279-43b1-a2b2-98af9e3dfd1fPost:51c6f406-7b08-4f04-9408-bb1c31039ff1">Re: Favors? or no Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Grand Rapids Popcorn makes favor-sized bags. :)
    Posted by heather_rae90[/QUOTE]

Wow! Such a good idea!!! 

I am doing hershey kisses in a tulle circle, tied with a ribbon, with a message, "Hugs & kisses from the new Mr. & Mrs."  It was easy to put together, and reasonably priced.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • ericmironericmiron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people are doing candy tables!
  • jeniharrisjeniharris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing carmel apples for a fall wedding. But you can always make your own cookies and package them in colorful boxes or plastic and print out stickers with you and your fiances names and wedding date. I think that would be more cost effiecient and you and your bridesmaids could make a night of it so it's not so overwelming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards