September 2012 Weddings
Options

I have no ideas for decorations

I can decorate a house, a yard and of course, a website and a poster, but I am having 1 hell of a time finding how to decorate and accent our wedding. Colors being turquoise and orange. So far, I am having center pieces very similar to the picture below, with orange tiger lilies:

The reception will be decorated by the venue wedding planner to be, as well as adding turquoise sashes on the chair covers::

Aside from the isle running being lined in turquoise rose petals, that is it. I should mention that the ceremony will be in the same location, just on the upper balcony. Apparently they will line some of the "ugliness" with pipe and tulle, but the rest is up to us.

Do I have enough, perhaps come up with more? I have a itch to have a turquoise crystal tree as a card table center piece, but that is about it.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

Re: I have no ideas for decorations

• Options
    I think your colors will be gorgeous and normally I'm a pretty creative person as well but I'm drawing a blank for ideas for you.  Check out some of TK ideas for centerpieces etc in your colors or even google wedding centerpieces in orange and torquoise.  I came up with a lot of my ideas by google and TK pictures.  Usually after I see an idea I am able to tweek it to fit my theme or add something I want or whatever.  Sorry I can't be of more help but if I come up with anything I'll be sure to post again.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am more concerned with "over doing it" than not having enough. Since my colors are a little out of the normal, and very contrasting, I feel that too much of 1 or the other may turn into a "circus" look. Although turquoise will be my main, and orange as the accents. I was pretty quick to come up with the center pieces, bouquets, etc...but the rest I am at a blank as well.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Talk to your florist and caterer.  I've found that both of mine have some fantastic ideas on what to do for decorations, layout, centerpieces, etc. because they've seen so much!

Anniversary

• Options
    My ideas were pretty easy.  First it was fall theme so lots of pumpkins but then when we had to move our wedding up a month to early Sept I decided to just do more rustic.  Lose all/most of the pumpkins and use sunflowers, apples, burlap bags and mason jars with candles.

Less is always more though sometimes so if you're afraid of over-decorating than just have the centerpieces you are planning.  Sometimes that is all you need.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Found some ideas on Google  HTH

I think as these pictures show that you don't need a lot of decor for it to look nice.  A table runner with your centerpieces will look good and maybe some paper lanterns if you can hang them like shown in the first pic.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards