Destination Weddings Discussions

Has anyone tried

the South Beach diet? I was thinking of trying this. I got a list of foods I could eat etc. Just wondered how hungry I will be. I don't eat much to begin with but I do eat a fiber bar everyday which I cant have or my breaded chicken I put in my salad almost every night.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Has anyone tried

• I haven't tried it, but I've heard great things about it. I've heard a lot of people like it because it taught them how to eat healthy again without feeling that way. I don't know much about it, but if it's protein focused (i.e., can you eat eggs, spinach, beans, etc.) then you won't be hungry. I started eating salad for breakfast (always have a protein like beans, hardboiled eggs, etc.) a few weeks ago and it's been amazing -- I used to eat cereal and would be starving by 9:30/10 in the morning. Now I am full until 12/12:30. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im trying to get off the carbs which is hard for breakfast! I eat salads for the most part for dinner so I don't want that twice a day. I can't believe they don't have bananas until Phase 3. I've been eating those almost every day too. I did buy a turkey breast so I think I will be putting that in my salads for the time being. I'm like you, hungry by 10-10:30 so I always ate a fiber one bar. I hope the eggs help! I do like beans too, just seems weird to eat them for breakfast!
  • Yeah I've always been a carb addict -- haha. But really, I've read a lot of research that show that eating carbs makes you feel lethargic because it's basically sugar that your body has to break down. What does it say to eat for breakfast? 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As many proteins as you want, minimum of 1/2 cup of veggies and 1 fat (1 tsp of mayo or oil, olives, guacamole)
  • I tried it, and I lost weight quickly, but I couldn't stick with it because I wanted to kill someone.  :)  I like my carbs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have done both Atkins and South Beach and have lost weight but I can't stick to it because I get bored.  I don't like eggs very much so I find breakfast the hardest meal on low carb diets.
    imageAnniversary
  • I love eggs so I might be ok but as stated above, I love my carbs too!! I've been eating green giant steamers for lunch so the veggies are ok, but I don't think the cheese mix in it is. It might contain milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards