Kentucky-Louisville
Options

officiant suggestions

does anyone have any officiant suggestions? we are from out of town and don't have a home church in louisville.

thanks in advance.

Re: officiant suggestions

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a religious service, or civil, or either?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    edited December 2011
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. We are getting married at Caldwell Chapel with requires a registered KY minister/clergy to perform the ceremony. My fiance and I both identify as Christian but are not overly religious. Thank you for the link. Does anyone have any suggestion aside from Dianne Walker? I have contacted her but would like additional ideas as well in case our date is taken. We are getting married on 6/12
  • Options
    jennaevansjennaevans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a similar issue.  I'm getting married in Louisville, but am planning from Nevada. We had a Presbyterian minister in mind, but she's not available.  Now we're hunting high and low for another Presbyterian minister. Nothing's really available online, and I'm not sure where to go next. Does anyone think it would be out of line to contact the seminary, or PBUSA?  I'm just not sure if they'd be able to help or not.
  • Options
    hschuttehschutte member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    edited December 2011
    I don't see ANYTHING wrong with contacting the seminary.  I'm sure people do it all the time.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you go to Jefferson County Clerk's website, there is a list of 5 or 6 JOP officiants listed there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm having similiar questions about the officiant.  I did contact the seminary and they told me to contact local churches.  Also, I was told to stay away from Gary Fields which is one of the County Clerk people, I've heard from multiple people that he is unrealiable.  Does anyone know a good website to have people ordained online?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards