April 2013 Weddings

Manic Mondaayyyyy!

I am soooo happy we have a short work week! How was everyones weekend, what do you have planned for the week!??!

FI and registered at one of two places this weekend, we had fun although I was a little overhwhelmed FI made the process easier for me by being there and coming up with a plan of action to tackle crate and barrel. We will be tackling macys next weekend. Thats really the only wedding related thing we did. I started my new part time job at the limited and it was good!

This week I hope will go by fast, thanksgiving we go to both families so we are just trying to figure out who we will see first, and who we will spend the rest of the day with.
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Manic Mondaayyyyy!

• YAY for short weeks!

I am having Tday dinner with my FI family and maybe my mom.  My FI leaves for his Bachelor party at 4am on Friday, after Tday! He and his groomsmen are driving down to Asheville NC since they all love beer and there is a huge beer scene there  

My MOH came over for brunch this past weekend to discuss bridal shower plans! I dont know anything yet, since it will be surprise. We just went over my guest list and the date ( Jan 26th) The B party is scheduled for March 2nd. Anyone else have their dates set yet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay!  I'm going to Tampa to spend Thanksgiving with FI since he's finishing up his project in Cape Cod early.  I was going to drive to NC but a 26hr round trip with no driving help really didn't sound that appealing once I found out he was off in time.  My dad gets out of the hospital today, finally!  After the internal bleeding he had an infection so he's finally well! 

My bridal shower is April 6th in Pittsburgh :-D  I have no control over what we're doing or who's invited bc FMIL is planning it...oh well, it was nice of her to do it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_manic-mondaayyyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0ac29216-425f-42e2-9156-30eb648b8f22Post:7edd021b-f979-49a7-b540-2906c3183db5">Re: Manic Mondaayyyyy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  I'm going to Tampa to spend Thanksgiving with FI since he's finishing up his project in Cape Cod early.  I was going to drive to NC but a 26hr round trip with no driving help really didn't sound that appealing once I found out he was off in time.  My dad gets out of the hospital today, finally!  After the internal bleeding he had an infection so he's finally well!  My bridal shower is April 6th in Pittsburgh :-D  I have no control over what we're doing or who's invited bc FMIL is planning it...oh well, it was nice of her to do it.
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I am sorry to hear about your dad! But I am glad to hear he is doing better. :) Thats awesome your party is in Pitt on that date! We will be getting married at Heinz Chapel in Pittsburgh on April 6th!! :D</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im starting to really feel the wedding stress..i wanna get things locked down but FI has an interesting family that he doesnt even know what to do with them (interesting meaning- his mom and dad were never married so real dad was never really in the picture but likes to think he is father of the year) step dad and mom are now splitting up ! so everything is in limbo- FI gives me a different answer on how much he wants real dad and his family involved in the day! 

does it seem strange on the invitation to say
    my parents name invite you to the wedding blah blah but then using rFI's mom and step dad's names- they have different last names ex son of Jane Smith and Mike Jones. ??? FI and his mom have the same last name. i hope this makes sense would love some advice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridal shower is February 17 and my bachelorette is March 23 :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_manic-mondaayyyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0ac29216-425f-42e2-9156-30eb648b8f22Post:d0ad44e0-d580-4c58-be1f-6ec66fe7babc">Re: Manic Mondaayyyyy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manic Mondaayyyyy! : I am sorry to hear about your dad! But I am glad to hear he is doing better. :) Thats awesome your party is in Pitt on that date! We will be getting married at Heinz Chapel in Pittsburgh on April 6th!! :D
    Posted by FutureMrsKupko[/QUOTE]

EEEE!!!  I swear, everything in Pittsburgh is named Heinz something or another ;-)  Yea...I guess we're doing it at her church and it's going to be a tea.  I haven't had a tea party since I was 5 and I'm not kidding.  I was raised a tomboy so I think it's going to be kinda of tough and awkward.  Hopefully my FSIL will give me some pointers...
  • ugh, today is definitely a manic monday.  I'm slammed at work trying to get a million things done before the holiday! 
    This past weekend, I screwed up the date for our last marriage prep class (it was Saturday and I was convinced it was Sunday) so that was a bummer because we just wanted to get it over with! But luckily i heard back from the coordinator and we can do the next class either in december or january so at least we arent completely screwed. Oh well. I also spent all day yesterday spraypainting frames for table numbers.  I did 36 of them (their will be three on each table) I still have 12 more to go, but ran out of paint! 

My mom also reserved the shower space for my shower this weekend.  It's going to be March 9 and a small brunch, which will be nice. I've asked my sister that if she is planning a b-party to make it the same night because the majority of my bridesmaids are from out of town and I don't want them to have to make multiple trips if they don't have to. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Agreed- manic Monday. We have this big project due and the guy who can fix most of the issues isn't coming in till 11. Lovely.

Nothing wedding related because there really isn't anything left! We didn't get around to buying our wedding bands- who knows when we will haha.

Can't wait for Thanksgiving though- I just love that day- the parade, the food.. and mine and FI parents are finally meeting! His parents and sister are coming to my mom's for dinner, so it should be interesting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going on day 6 of being sick, so I did absoluely nothing this weekend. FI was out f town, so I slept allll weekend. Ready to kick this crap so I can enjoy the holiday weeked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today was a totally crazy day at work.  My students are already in Thanksgiving mode which means they are acting a little crazy and hyper.  I'm also trying to get my classroom re-organized before the long weekend.  We got some major checks done this weekend-florist, hair salon and invitations all done this weekend so that was awesome.  I have some extra time off this week from 2 out of my 3 jobs so I'm hoping to get lots of wedding related stuff done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Monday is normally my day off. I decided to work overtime for some extra $$...and then was super lazy the rest of the afternoon. We are just about to send out Save the Dates...a little later than I would have liked, but whatever. If people weren't scattered all over the USA, I would maybe have skipped them.

Hounding my BMs to get their measurements so we can order BM dresses this Friday. Again, a little later than I would have liked, but it should work out.

Bachelor/ette parties will probably be at the end of February. FI didn't want them too close to the wedding itself for the sake of everyone else having to get vaca time off and/or make long trips. I'm just hoping the weather isn't too horrible.

We're working on finalizing the new reception venue - pretty excited about that!

As for the holiday, we're just going to a friend's house in town. Our families are too far away for this holiday. We'll see them briefly next month just before Christmas, altho hopefully my other vaca days get approved so we can visit for a bit longer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Yay for short weeks!!! I'm excited for Tday, hoping not to gain too much weight back lol. I mailed out my save the dates today!!! Only a month later than planned lol. Our bachelorette/bachelor weekend is Feb 22, me and the girls are off to Vegas.. And FI and the boys are off to Lake Tahoe... Really excited
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards