Wedding Etiquette Forum

Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding

2»

Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding

• I will admit it does say it should not look like a wedding dress if its not your original dress. I think a tea leanth is acceptable. It looks like a very nice cocktail dress. It doesnt really look like a wedding dress.
  • I think OP has a very severe case of selective reading.
  • You have contradicted yourself many times.  I'm really just starting to think this is MUD.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • redheadfsuredheadfsu member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_proper-etiquette-renewing-wedding-vows-re-creating-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:aee482de-348e-4926-b17f-6dbe4914d626Post:ccc9f1ab-ca0d-44aa-9bac-7bef5aeda872">Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will admit it does say it should not look like a wedding dress if its not your original dress. I think a tea leanth is acceptable. It looks like a very nice cocktail dress. It doesnt really look like a wedding dress.
    Posted by overloaded[/QUOTE]

That is fine. So why did you post your OP? Do you just want to argue for no reason? Cause it sounds like you are just stirring the pot because you are bored.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_proper-etiquette-renewing-wedding-vows-re-creating-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:aee482de-348e-4926-b17f-6dbe4914d626Post:facebc11-f745-4a06-b35b-235ca156f8db">Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think OP has a very severe case of selective reading.
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed. 

</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I will admit I did think about everything what you guys said last night while I was trying on dresses today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_proper-etiquette-renewing-wedding-vows-re-creating-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:aee482de-348e-4926-b17f-6dbe4914d626Post:0feaca8e-c67d-4cb8-b167-92581c7ca158">Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will admit I did think about everything what you guys said last night while I was trying on dresses today.

But why did you start this thread the way you did? Just to troll?

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_proper-etiquette-renewing-wedding-vows-re-creating-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aee482de-348e-4926-b17f-6dbe4914d626Post:0feaca8e-c67d-4cb8-b167-92581c7ca158">Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will admit I did think about everything what you guys said last night while I was trying on dresses today.

But you won't admit that your OP is NOT proper etiquette and that you've actually contradicted it multiple times?!
  • I'm tired now. We're just going in circles here. 
  • Wow....reading this makes my head hurt OP!  Seriously?  Are you bored and just trying to stir the pot?
  • I went back and reread it and will admit that maybe I took it the way.

• And I do apologize.
  • ok.

I hope you have a great day & good luck with all your planning.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_proper-etiquette-renewing-wedding-vows-re-creating-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:aee482de-348e-4926-b17f-6dbe4914d626Post:0b5156d3-b240-4e11-9a22-cda54d729a86">Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]it is all within the etiquette guidelines, so it is ok. since this is the etiquette board I should point out that it is not appropriate for someone to offer advice without 1st being asked for advice. And you should not let personal <strong>options </strong>interfer with what is within the etiquette guidelines..

[QUOTE]I am just pointing out that everything I am doing is within the etqiette guidelines. I never asked anyones <strong>option </strong>about my renewing my vows. I am madly in love with  me husband and want to share that experience with him again. So if me wanting to renew my vows with my husband who I am so Frigging in love with makes me an 18 year old. Then so be it. 

You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

•  I spelled opinion wrong.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_proper-etiquette-renewing-wedding-vows-re-creating-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aee482de-348e-4926-b17f-6dbe4914d626Post:1bb2f7c3-c4c9-4945-9259-6a6f155fd716">Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proper etiquette for renewing your wedding vows or re creating your wedding : You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! Then again, we also named our daughters the same name too.
  • Is it ok for the women to wear a black and silver dress to renew her vows?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards