Florida-North Florida

NWR - Apartment Help? (Pensacola)

Hey Ladies,

I am going to be moving to Pensacola to start my Masters this fall.  I'm having some trouble looking for an apartment, as apartmentratings.com is giving me a lot of negative reviews.  Do any of you have suggestions?  I need something relatively close to UWF.

Thanks in advance!
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NWR - Apartment Help? (Pensacola)

• edited December 2011
    What is your price range? FI and I are currently looking for the same thing, and I'll start UWF in the fall of 2012. (What masters program are you in?)

There are a few really nice places just down from UWF and a few houses for rent that we've found as well. Let me know about price and I'll send you some of the websites we've been looking at. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was told to budget for between $550 and $800.  I'm more comfortable with the lower end of the price range though.

I'm tentatively accepted (I still have to finish my application, but the prof has agreed to take me and foresees no problems with the committee) to the bio department for thesis work.  What about you?
    I french with my man
  • edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to go into the math/statistics department, but I've still got a year left on my undergrad degree at Montevallo.

FI currently lives in Pensacola and can probably get you any info you need.
    Here are some of the places that we've been looking at: 

Shoal Creek is a duplex/triplex neighborhood that we were looking at for a while. Look for it on ERA realty. It's $725/month. FI and I loved it! 

Also look at hotpads.com. He has found several things on there, too.

I don't know why the font got really big...sorry!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't heard of hotpads.com!  Thanks so much, and good luck with finishing your degree and getting in to UWF!
    I french with my man
  • edited December 2011
    We live in a very quiet little street of apartment homes. They are 4 units facing opposite corners in a garden like setting. 2 bedroom 1 bath, w/small fenced in patio. They are individually owned but many are rentals depending on which landlord you get they rent between $525 & $725 which includes trash, water & basic cable. You get 2 parking spaces not covered. It is very quiet, safe and friendly but not intrusive community.

It is about 3 miles from the school. I would be glad to help you both since I live right here in the area. 

3 years ago when I moved here we looked a what looked like a beautiful apartment complex online & I guess it once was. When we lived their it was crime ridden & run down.  When we moved in the complex was almost empty. The owners decided to sell & in order to show good occupancy they ran a special with free move in no deposit first 2 months free rent, no background check. So in a few weeks the complex was full of gang bangers & drug labs, overnight the outside of our complex had grafitti cars were broken into & a girl was raped. These apartments are 2 miles from the college. 

After going through that I would never want anyone else to go through that. I will be happy to check places for you & take pics whatever. Send me a PM & I will give you my email if you are interested in my help.

edited December 2011
    Life - YGPM!
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards