Not Engaged Yet
Options

Engaged!

It has been a while since I've been on the knot, let alone my favorite board, the NEY board. It was the only place I really felt I belonged, seeing as how I was NEY. But as of Saturday night, that is no longer the case.

The BF took me to the Griffeth Observatory in Hollywood, the place we celebrated our 1st anniversary last Novermber. After a day of checking out the exhibits and seeing a show in the Leonard Neamoy theater (I would so love to be a narrator at the planetarium shows....) we went up to see the stars through the big telescopes. We were looking at the city lights and the stars and he was shifting around. I was worried his back was bothing him, or his leg, cus he has some medical issues (reletively minor) and I was worried we were going to have to go home soon. As we're talking about feeling small in the universe he turns me toward him and starts reaching in his coat pocket. He says something along the lines of "will you share this sliver of the universe with me?" I then almost fall on the ground. My knees litterally buckled, and according to him, I sank by 2 feet. I think I nodded and mummbled mmhhhmmm, which evidently didn't register with him. He was waiting to hear an actual "yes." I then said something really intelligent like "really?" He said yeah, and I said OK.

I don't have any pictures of my ring yet, but I really love it. It's not like what I thought I wanted, but my first thought when I saw it was, "it's perfect!" It's his grandmother's stone, who passed away a few years before we met. She was really special to him, and knowing that makes it extra special. His parents brought the stone in July when they came to visit from FL, and he'd had it set and waiting in the closet for weeks. I had absolutely no idea. We had a couple close calls, and our trip got rescheduled a few times, but the end result is great!

On the way home, we talked about when we knew the other was the one: date 3 for me, sometime during our first December for him...only about a month apart. I love knowing that all the time we've been dating and I've been worried he wasn't sure, he was :) He also said I never belonged on this board, but I think he meant it in a good way. Like, "you were always going to be engaged, it just wasn't formal yet." Knowing how commited he has been to me this whole time, more than I understood, makes me love him all the more.

So for now we've done a little light planning, but nothing very deffinite. We deffinitly want our wedding to feel like us, which I described to a bridesmaid today as relaxed and semi-quirky. But the wedding won't be until 2013, so we have some time to enjoy the being engaged thing. I am so happy and blessed that I get to marry my best friend, a man who makes me laugh and with whom I am never bored, who is everything that I didn't know I always needed...I think that's what Amy Adams' character said in  Leap Year. (We saw the movie when it came out...)

PS. Leap Year related: I saw "The Breakup" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshal" with 2 of my exes, who then promptly broke up with me. When we saw "Leap Year" I told him that I hoped it would have a better affect on our relationship because it was about finding love, not about breaking up...mission accomplished!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Engaged!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards