Missouri-St Louis

Airbrush Makeup on Oily Skin

Has anyone tried Airbrush makeup who has oily skin?  I'm getting married in August, have oily skin, and want make up that will last and not look like an oil slick.  I've heard mixed reviews on Airbrush.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Airbrush Makeup on Oily Skin

• mightyoakesmightyoakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married on June 13th in St. Louis and have oily skin and had airbrush make up and it was sooo worth it!

While you still will have oilyness to pat off during the day, it won't rub off at all! I recommend Emily Miller - she not only does weddings, but also lots of magazines, news stations, etc. VERY reseasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011

Are you able to use powder over the airbrush?  Say, later in the day after using some oil blotting papers for touch ups?

• edited December 2011
    Have you ever tried make up primer?  Sephora offers some nice one and they'll give you samples to try out before the big day.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have oily skin and tried airbrush foundation and it did not work at all for me. My MUA (Holly Speakes) said airbrush is better for dry/normal skin.  But I tried it out for my makeup trial because I'd heard such great things and hated it.  On the wedding day I went with normal liquid foundation and used blotting papers (you can find Clean & Clear brand at Walgreens- they work great & don't take off your makeup) and it worked out great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards