Canada

Newly Wed or soon to be Wed Advice Please

Hi everyone I'm having a hard time finding a venue to fit our rather tight budget ($60-80 pp). We're in the Toronto/GTA area. We have approx 120 guests (adults/child) as our estimated list. We'd like to have the ceremony in the same location as the reception. Anyone have some hidden gems? Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Newly Wed or soon to be Wed Advice Please

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The University of Toronto's Faculty Club is surprisingly cheap for a pretty classy venue with great food. I think that their largest room has a max capacity of 150. The only downside is that you either need to be a Faculty Club member or have a member sponsor you... do you know anyone who works at U of T? (Even if you don't, it's worth inquiring... they may be willing to help you work around that).[url]http://www.facultyclub.utoronto.ca/[/url]BBQ Gourmet has gourmet buffet packages ranging from $23pp to $41pp. They only do catering but even if you go with the most expensive package, that still leaves you (80-40) x 120 = 4,800 to pay for the venue rental.[url]http://www.bbqgourmet.com[/url]Also consider a winter wedding, or a brunch or lunch reception.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I assume you want to get married in the GTA.  I had the same issue.  It is hard to find a place for a good deal.  I chose the Argonaut Rowing Club but you have to get your own caterer and booze is on consumption basis so I am not entirely sure if I will make my budget either.If my wedding was smaller I would have gone to the Arts and Letters Club of Toronto.I found a super cheap deal at "The Lake House" but that is in Pickering.  It is on the water and is soooo beautiful.  Also, another one on the water for a great price is the Bluffers Restaurant on the water.Other options: Mariposa Cruise on Lake Ontario....I've got more, I will dig stuff up for you.Monique
  • edited December 2011
    Very late to this, but the National Ballet School has a room in the old part of the school that they are renting out for weddings now.  It used to be their largest ballet studio and it has beautiful hardwood floors and other woodwork.  There's also other parts of the school that will work for the ceremony.
  • beansugarbeansugar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great Ideas. I'll look into them.
    Unfortunately we don't know any on on the Uof T faculty. Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards