Hawaii

Pretty new here with questions!!

Hey ladies,

I started planning my Nov 2011 wedding a few months back with the help of a coordinator, well I've just ran into some problems and will no longer be using the coordinator, but I'm confused now, who do I hire to help me set up on the day of? As far as getting the centerpieces and tables set up? Most of my family will be flying in from the Big Island, and wouldn't want them to have to work on that.

Any advice?

Re: Pretty new here with questions!!

• edited December 2011
    You can often hire the company you've rented the chairs/tables/etc from to do the set-up and take-down. I'd check with them first!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can check with the vendors, otherwise you can always find a coordinator to do 'day of' services which will include helping to make sure everything is set up as it should be.  I would personally feel more comfortable with a coordinator doing it, especially if you are not going to see the site until your ceremony starts, I just feel like they would care more about having everything right. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_pretty-new-here-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:c4ffd6db-1925-486a-ab19-f00e9e9d72f8Post:22f8d34e-8d16-49db-95b6-e80650aef827">Re: Pretty new here with questions!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can often hire the company you've rented the chairs/tables/etc from to do the set-up and take-down. I'd check with them first!
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yup, I think a lot of the vendors will do set-up/take-down (thought they may charge extra).  If your centerpieces are through your florist, they can help with that...

</div>
  • ameyoameyo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Ladies for the responses. I'll actually be doing the centerpieces myself as well as a lot of other things that's why I'm so worried about finding someone to help set it all up on the day of.
  • edited December 2011
    definitely check with your vendors to see if they can do set up...like the other girls said most will charge you a fee.  Are you getting married at a hotel?  I know that some hotels do set up certain things for you as well.  Also "day of coordinators" can help with set up as well...
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely would need at least a day-of coordinator as the rental company only took care of setting up tables and chairs.  Our WC set-up the linen, centerpieces, reception table items, ceremony items, distributed our leis, pinned on boutonnierres, gave payments to vendors and helped with some last minute things that came up on our wedding day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards