Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

How much dessert to order?

We're ordering our desserts from our favorite bakery for our semi-casual afternoon wedding.  We plan on ordering mini cupcakes (in a few flavors), chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies,  pudding "shots" (FI's favorite), mini cheesecakes, and a few different fruit pies.  We're having about 100 people. 

How much should we plan on ordering? I was thinking 2.5 desserts per person, maybe heavier on the cupcakes?  Out of what I mentioned, is there something you would be more or less inclined to grab?

Thank you!

Re: How much dessert to order?

• Options

I'm not sure how much to order, but I would probably plan on more than 2.5 per guest.  It's so easy to grab a couple cookies and try a mini cheesecake and cupcake.  My FI would probably try one of everything!

• Options
    We are doing something similar for our wedding of 50 guests. I'm ordering enough cupcakes plus some extra for everyone as they are the main dessert (we're having a cutting cake also). For the rest, I'm ordering 2 dozen mini cheesecakes, 2 dozen cookies,4 dozen cake pops. Maybe you can consider something similar? If not, I think 2.5 is definitely enough for everyone.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    A lot of it is going to depend on the size of the desserts, I'm picturing items that are eaten in 2-3 bites or less.  I don't think 2.5/person is enough for an afternoon event.  I would consider 2-3 cookies one "serving," as PP said, it's easy to grab a couple cookies in addition to a mini cupcake or cheesecake.
  • Options
    To be honest, if I were attending your wedding I would have at least 1 cupcake (possibly 2 if I was torn between flavors, a cheesecake, a cookie (maybe two!), and maybe even a pudding shot Embarassed So that is 4-6 desserts for one person.

I'm a dessert whore and I like to sample all things, I'd imagine that many people are a lot like me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards