Maine

wedding venues at southern Maine

My fiance and I are from NY, but we want to have our wedding in Southern Maine.  We love the water and want to have an outdorr ceremory.  We are having around 100 people.
I am planning to go down there next weekend to visit few venues, including Nonantum Resort, Sebasco Resort and Colony Hotel. 
We have a budget of $30K, any other suggestions?  I want to be an efficient trip and see as many places as possible. 
Thank you in advance for the help.

Re: wedding venues at southern Maine

• Realo13Realo13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    landing at pine point, located across from the beach....gorgeous
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the Inn on Peaks Island. 15 min ferry ride from Portland. outside ceremony, tented and indoor reception. beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    Jones Landing at Harbor View on Peaks Island, again 15 minute ferry ride right on the ocean!!
  • edited December 2011
    check out frenchs point estate
  • edited December 2011
    I have been working with the Blue Elephant Events and Catering  a little bit- they do work at the Landing at Pine Point and have a ton of pictures on their blog. They are fantastic and have a ton of suggestions for venues. I would recommend giving them a call. 

Also look at Kingsley Pines in Raymond. They are a camp but they rent out the facility for weddings. It's very rustic and beautiful and right on a lake. 

I recommend going to Blue Elephant's Venue page or giving them a call, they really helped me out. Good luck. 
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I am checking out Blue Elephant Event website....they seems to have interesting location they work with.  How much they charge to plan your wedding? 

• edited December 2011
    They don't charge for the planning it's part of their catering package- all the conversations I've had with them so far have been free of charge (it's been very helpful and useful information as well) and they've told me that they just love planning weddings and catering. You can ask them but they told me that there would be no extra fee to plan my wedding. 
  • edited December 2011

Black Tie Catering has been wonderful to work with so far!  They have several venues also.  Definitely worth checking out!

• aallen54321aallen54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in Kennebunkport at a restraunt called Pier 77. It was amazing. If you have a wedding there you have the whole restraunt to yourself and they shut it down to the public. The food is amazing and ppl said it was the best food they had had at a wedding. We  decided to have it there after going to a wedding at that venue and fell in love with it .Pier 77 overlooks the water and its gorg. Kennebunkport is a great place for ppl from out of state to stay to theres lots to do!
  • edited December 2011

aalien54321, so I assume you have your ceremony at a different place and then have your wedding at Pier 77?

• edited December 2011
    York Harbor Reading Room is Beautiful but may break the budget. We are getting married at On the Marsh, Kennebunk. Definitely a unique setting but not on the water. Also check Stage Neck Inn and York Harbor Inn
  • aallen54321aallen54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got married right at Pier77m  The owner rented chairs and we got married in a garden type area that overlooked the ocean it was really pretty. we had about 100 ppl. one of the reasons i liked it there was because everything happend at one location! its a gorg. area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards