Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

D'Ignazio's Towne House - Review?

Hi Ladies,
I have a meeting set up to go to the Towne House and I wanted to see if anyone has had their wedding there or has been to one there. The pricing and whats included seems too good to be true, so I'm hoping to get more opinions!!
Thanks

Re: D'Ignazio's Towne House - Review?

• edited December 2011
    I was at a 50th anniversary party there with over 100 people so it was very much like a wedding. Plus, I grew up in Media and have been to dinner there countless times along with smaller functions (birthdays, class reunions, etc).

It is old and out dated decor wise (incl. linens, china, cutlery and the way the staff dresses). I know the price is great but you do get what you pay for. The food is ok but is also outdated. Bland mushy steamed veggies, poorly presented salads, overly dressed garlic bread. Twice baked potatoes that seem to just be reheated from frozen.

Have you checked out Lia's catering? It think pricing might be similar but the rooms are very new and her food is good. http://www.liascatering.com/

Or this? http://www.lazarettoballroom.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • jessie580jessie580 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to go there and check it out but the pictures made me turned off from it :/
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I know it looks pretty out dated, but it seems like with my price range that's going to be what I'm going to get :(
    I'm going to look into Lia's and the ballroom thanks so much for your help ladies - I really appreciate it!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I will!! If you have any other suggestions please keep them coming!! We are very flexible on dates/places/etc
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about south jersey?

Massos RED PINE INN is cheap as heck, and nice.
    their other bulding is gross.
    but red pine inn is a cabin like venue and they are super nice
    and super cheap!

it's in glassboro, NJ!
    it was the cheapest we found, but we didnt want to go that far...
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually from Jersey originally so that would be fine too....I will def be calling them later today - thanks so much again!!
  • great food. expensive. dark lighting. 'old' feel, and not in a cute quaint way
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards