Snarky Brides

Newbies come in here

I've noticed an influx of newbs that need interrogated. Please tell us about yourselves so we can judge you accordingly Smile Smile Smile

When is your wedding date?:
What drives you crazy about your FI/H?
What do you like about SB?
What do you dislike about SB?
What is your favorite thing to do?
Have you been lurking on SB long?
Who are your favorite posters?
Which posters drive you nuts?
What is something interesting about you?
Do you like Jello salad?

GO. Add questions if you want. StageManager, I'm counting you as a newb too.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Newbies come in here

• Am I the only one who's never had ambrosia salad?  It looks gross and I refuse to try it.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Ambrosia salad is the most wrongly named thing ever. Food of the gods my ass.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:9bebaee0-26d2-4628-926f-022d9ae508a4">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll bite... When is your wedding date?: It was June 26th, 2010 What drives you crazy about your FI/H? He's a slob What do you like about SB? Gives me entertainment while I'm doing homework What do you dislike about SB? Nothing really What is your favorite thing to do? Show horses Have you been lurking on SB long? Ya quite awhile. I post occasionally Who are your favorite posters? KatieWhompus- We have the whole animal love thing in common Which posters drive you nuts?   I have seen any "regs" that drive me nuts. What is something interesting about you? I have no idea if this is interesting but I show Mustang (horses) to promote adoptions. Do you like Jello salad? No. Especially when my grandma puts grapes in it. Yuck.
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

You got married on my birthday and you love horses.  I like you.

Not that I don't like the rest of you, I just think anyone who gets married on my birthday is particularly notable.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • When is your wedding date?: October 9,2011
    What drives you crazy about your FI/H? His Mess
    What do you like about SB? The randomness of everything..
    What do you dislike about SB?  the unsolved questions
    What is your favorite thing to do? read go shopping
    Have you been lurking on SB long? a few months
    Who are your favorite posters? everyone..
    Which posters drive you nuts? the girls with more money than they know how to deal with it, and their odd questions
    What is something interesting about you? I'm 5"1/2.. 
    Do you like Jello salad? are there marshmallows in this Jello salad b/c then yes..
  • What in the fuckity is ambrosia salad?

• Ambrosia salad sounds even worse than Jello salad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:0d6f76b7-c9d3-46bc-8267-831ca0ec7673">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : You got married on my birthday and you love horses.  I like you. Not that I don't like the rest of you, I just think anyone who gets married on my birthday is particularly notable.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    J lies.  She has a very small group of people she actually likes.  She's just pretending to like the rest of us.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:0d6f76b7-c9d3-46bc-8267-831ca0ec7673">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : You got married on my birthday and you love horses.  I like you. Not that I don't like the rest of you, I just think anyone who gets married on my birthday is particularly notable.

Awesome.  I think it's a pretty good date.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:61bb0d58-3673-40ea-b11c-11e1d943cf94">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]What in the fuckity is ambrosia salad?

Fruity fluffy mush apparently.
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    3 things.

1.  Shut up, B.  Just because I don't like YOU doesn't mean I don't like everyone else.

2.  Barrel, June 26th is the BEST day.

and 3.  What the heck is this: 

[QUOTE]When is your wedding date?: October 9,2011 What drives you crazy about your FI/H? His Mess What do you like about SB? The randomness of everything.. <strong>What do you dislike about SB?   the unsolved questions</strong> What is your favorite thing to do?  read go shopping Have you been lurking on SB long?  a few months Who are your favorite posters? everyone.. Which posters drive you nuts? the girls with more money than they know how to deal with it, and their odd questions What is something interesting about you? I'm 5"1/2..  Do you like Jello salad? are there marshmallows in this Jello salad b/c then yes..
    Posted by Nattie24[/QUOTE]

even supposed to mean?

• OH AND FOUR!

Those of you that say you like EVERYONE are clearly, clearly full of crap.  We see right through that shiit here buddies.

• Unsolved Mysteries of Snarky Brides!
  • I second the unanswered questions question.  We answer questions.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:c0cd9d9b-6109-43cc-88fc-8f3dd0f936a6">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE] Do you like Jello salad? I only like jello if it is mixed with vodka, and refrigerated in small dixie cups
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]
    Best response yet.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • JELLO SHOTS!!!!  Let's doooo it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:c0cd9d9b-6109-43cc-88fc-8f3dd0f936a6">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is something interesting about you? Umm, most people find it interesting that I'm colorblind. Do you like Jello salad? I only like jello if it is mixed with vodka, and refrigerated in small dixie cups
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]

That is interesting that you are colorblind. How has that worked out for you in planning a wedding? My H is colorblind and tried to choose canary yellow for the tuxes.

Also, you win for best jello salad response.
  • ksparks, you like me?  This makes me happy.  I'm always kinda insecure and think that people are nice to me but actually don't like me.  I can be kinda maddening.

Jello shots!?

You know what I bought last weekend?  Chocolate flavored alcohol infused whipped cream.  Yes.  It is real.  And it's excellent.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:8cd36795-d17b-44ca-b949-9cd3de21cf22">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ambrosia salad is the most wrongly named thing ever. Food of the gods my ass.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Amen! 

Bacon..    bacon may very well be the food of the gods.  My Jewish father would disagree.. but what can I say?  I'm a heathen.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:7a01cea2-8d06-4412-bea6-32634b7e8fb9">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : Amen!  Bacon..    bacon may very well be the food of the gods.  My Jewish father would disagree.. but what can I say?  I'm a heathen.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I'm a heathen, and I still disagree.

• I don't like bacon.

AATB, I dig chocolate and alcohol. But that concoction you just described sounds like a vomit ingredient. Proceed with caution.
  • In Response to Re: Newbies come in here:
    [QUOTE]I don't like bacon. AATB, I dig chocolate and alcohol. But that concoction you just described sounds like a vomit ingredient. Proceed with caution.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

I loved you before, but now I'm IN love with you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:3bf6f57a-d3ea-4a67-ba37-d3f2f5709a90">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like bacon. AATB, I dig chocolate and alcohol. But that concoction you just described sounds like a vomit ingredient. Proceed with caution.

Take it from me......... it's a recipe for WIN.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:aceaf749-5789-4734-b4ba-d7da7b895bbb">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : Best response yet.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. This is the ablsolute best possible use of Jello, ever. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That warms my heart, J.

Lib, I think most people are red/green colorblind. That's basically what H is. He's not completely colorblind like a dog or anything. What is REALLY interesting is that you're colorblind AND a woman, right?
  • How can you not like bacon? This just doesn't make sense to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:3c79e608-c476-41b5-95a6-b738bbf2aad7">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]That warms my heart, J. Lib, I think most people are red/green colorblind. That's basically what H is. He's not completely colorblind like a dog or anything. What is REALLY interesting is that you're colorblind AND a woman, right?

Isn't it something like 30% of men are colorblind but it's really rare in women?

I have an uncle who asks me what color I'm wearing almost every time I see him and then tells me he's red/green colorblind.  I'm not usually wearing red or green.

And my favorite jello shots involve lemon jellow and firefly vodka. 
  • I think I've warned about this before, but Jello Shots made with 151 burn like a Mofo, and if you use Cherry Jello they taste like Nyquil on top of it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • That is crazy, Lib! I had heard it was rare for women, but I can't believe both your parents were colorblind too. That has to be insanely rare.
  • Amobrosia salad sounds like it's for rich people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:aa8846da-dec0-4226-afb4-b8f3591d77f0">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : Isn't it something like 30% of men are colorblind but it's really rare in women? I have an uncle who asks me what color I'm wearing almost every time I see him and then tells me he's red/green colorblind.  I'm not usually wearing red or green. And my favorite jello shots involve lemon jellow and firefly vodka. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I have an uncle who's color blind also.  He's known to hold pants and shirts up in stores and then yell across the store to whoever he's with asking if they match.  Most of the time they're completely off.  We've learned to keep someone next to him when he's shopping.

My favorite jello shots are strawberry bananna jello with Malibu Rum.  You don't taste the alcohol which is both good and bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards