Snarky Brides

Halfway there

and I have a half day friday! I have a nuerology apt. which I'm not looking forward too.

How was everyones night last night? I made lemon pepper chicken with carrots and northern beans for dinner.

Tonight I threw spaghetti sauce and ground beef in the crockpot, since I have class tonight, that was the easiest thing to do :)

Re: Halfway there

• Oops- I started a thread below. 
  • I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO POST ...

I made meatloaf last night. True comfort food, but a healthier version (you couldn't tell).

Supervising relief this morning, teaching two classes, and trying to catch students who skipped Tuesday's exam to write a make up. Meeting after school with a parent, errands to run in the cold (-39 again this morning), workout this evening, and junior high exam tomorrow morning.

I want sleep.

Trying a new tea this morning - called Chocolate Rocket. Higher caffeine than the ones I've been drinking, and it's a blend of chocolate, raspberry, chicory and almond. Not bad.

I am becoming a tea snob.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We can be tea snobs togehter jenny! Where do you get your tea?
  • Jenny, that sounds delicious! I'm kind of a tea snob, too. I like all sorts of flavors but getshy about trying new onces since I've had a bunch I didn't like, so it sits in the pantry unused. 
  • David's Tea is where it's at. Here's my beginner lowdown:

Organic the Skinny: Oolong digestive tea with a hint of orange. My fave. (low caffeine)

Read my Lips: black tea with chocolate and peppermint, with a dash of 'red lip' cinnamon candy. (Pretty good, but took me a while to aquire a taste). Also low caffeine.

Chocolate Rocket: the one I'm packing right now. Cocoa, raspberry, chicory and amonds. Easier to take to than the other chocolate one. Am enjoying it. (higher caffeine)

Cocoa Chai Roobios: have only had this one once so far, but I think it's awesome! Roobios, coconut, cinnamon, pink peppercorns, ginger, cardamon, cloves ... (caffeine free)

http://www.davidstea.com/

It's where the cool people go! lol (I just posted this to GIS - total copy and paste)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tea is also my caffine vehicle of choice.

Jenny, are David's Teas loose leaf or bagged? Just curious. I've been brewing loose leaf and feel like a mad scientist sitting at my desk with little tins and spoons and such...

Anyone ever tried Talbott Teas? (http://www.talbottteas.com/) Saw them on Shark Tank and they have some delicious sounding flavors!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They're loose. I have a tea ball for home, but my kids gave me a mug with a built in steeper in it for Christmas. You can also buy reusable bags from them as well, I think they're muslin - but I'm not 100%. I bought the tea ball because I wasn't sure I was going to like it and didn't want to invest a lot.

The mug is awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love tea.  Thanks for the link and recommendations, Jenny!  I am definitely going to check out David's Tea!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_halfway-there-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fa008a24-5432-4de1-9771-f37d70db08abPost:3c84e11e-1745-4dd4-b6e8-03b49a5ba4c4">Re: Halfway there</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're loose. I have a tea ball for home, <strong>but my kids gave me a mug with a built in steeper in it for Christmas. </strong>You can also buy reusable bags from them as well, I think they're muslin - but I'm not 100%. I bought the tea ball because I wasn't sure I was going to like it and didn't want to invest a lot. The mug is awesome.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you know where the mug is from?  I kind of want to try one!</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • The mug is also from David's.
    http://www.davidstea.com/glass-travel-mug?&TF=ADA13E5CAE3F&DEID=

Mine is like this, only stainless on the inside, with white trees on the outside so you can't see through it. I can't find it on their website now, but it's the same principle. Mine might have been a part of a Christmas promotion or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards