Not Engaged Yet

Intro and excited!

I've been lurking around these boards for months but haven't gotten around to posting because everyone on here seems like a regular and I felt out of place. Well, I've decided to start posting!! :]

I'm 24, BF is 29. We've been together for almost 2 and a half years. As of today, we are turning in a rental application to see if we will be approved for an apartment to move in together! We're sharing the place with a couple of friends [a married couple].  We'll have our own bedroom and bathroom. I'm pretty excited to be closer to him [he lives about 45 minutes away right now] and to take this next step. We've been talking about getting married since we started dating and hopefully this just keeps that thought alive and well! I'm pretty excited and thought I'd share it!!

:]
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Intro and excited!

• edited December 2011
    Hi!  You've actually been around lurking longer than me, and probably lots of others, so no reason to hold off.  :) 

Congrats on moving in together. HUGE step!  And I totally hear you on the distance thing..  45 minutes here as well.  Bummer.  Hope it all goes off without a hitch.

And thanks for the input on my post below.  :)  It's always nice having some more west-coast brides around, since otherwise the boards all seem to die pretty early at night.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yeah, I usually lurk around late at night and there's no action!! I actually have a friend in the LA-Knotties community who got married in January. BF was in the wedding! She got me into the site haha.

Hopefully we'll know by the end of the week if we get approved to move in. Pretty crazy!
  • stemms8810stemms8810 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I also live 45 mins from my BF and while it's not too far, it's still far enough that with work and all the jazz we only really see each other on the weekends.  Good luck getting approval for that apartment!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!
    Happy to have you on the board and congrats on getting the chance to live closer your BF. Glad you've lurked for awhile but please come out and post. :)

*note: only if you are sane and rational, please.*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome.  Please be sane.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a09e86de-9770-4779-8ad9-0a71998f7f84Post:13d37f41-2e0e-41b4-aa9d-48185ba0c148">Re: Intro and excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Glad you've lurked for awhile but please come out and post. :) *note: only if you are sane and rational, please.*
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]
    I ditto this.<div>
    </div><div>Welcome.</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

BF and I live in a shared living arrangement with another couple, too.  They are engaged. 
    We actually rent two of the rooms in the four bedroom house.  I pay a little extra a month to be able to have my own space.  My best recommendation is to find a corner that is yours.  Pick a chair or something where you can go, and read a book or whatever, even if the wall seperating it is invisible. 
    I may sound horrible to others, but when you have mutual living space (living room, kitchen, laundry room) with roommates, and share a bedroom with a SO, you really need a time-out chair.

Welcome to the boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Weclome. Stay away from the punch.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!

And to calm your fears I am sane...most of the time. :p

Stemms-I know what you mean. We usually see each other about once a week and I stay over at his place, so this is going to be a big change.

But...with the 4 of our schedules, it's going to be very rare that the 4 of us are home all together so I have high hopes.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome aboard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards