Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Tuesday Funtime Poll!

1. What is your ideal summer temperature?
2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in?
3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?
4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like?
5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read?
6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from?
7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word.
8. What is the last book you read?
9. Do you have any "frenemies?"
10. Please make up one question for a poll to be done later this week.
11. What's for lunch?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Tuesday Funtime Poll!

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your ideal summer temperature? 78 with a light breeze
    2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in? Anthropologie and J. Crew
    3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Julia Child :)
    4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like? ANTM, haha!  That and Say Yes to the Dress.
    5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read? NY Times Sunday Magazine
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from? Vosges Red Fire- rich chocolate with ancho and chipotle chiles and cinnamon, mmmmm
    7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word. Obedient?
    8. What is the last book you read? I just finished a sort of dumb book for work- "Responsibility at Work: How Leading Professionals Act (Or Don't Act) Responsibly."  I also finished "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" last week and liked it.
    9. Do you have any "frenemies?" Ha, I totally did in college, but I am done with that dramz now
    10. Please make up one question for a poll to be done later this week. If you had to drive either a Smart Car or a Hummer for a year, which would you choose and why?
    11. What's for lunch?
    Eating up the remnants of my food at the office so I don't have to carry it home!  Morninstar vegetarian sausage links, Annie's organic single serving white cheddar mac and cheese, and blueberry kefir.

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your ideal summer temperature? 60-65-- I like colder weather, unless I'm at the beach.
    2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in? World Market and Wegmans :)
    3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? Rue McClanahan
    4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like? Since I've lived with FI my guilty pleasure shows have gone way down... probably the Duggar Family
    5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read? the Washington Post Magazine
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from? Chocolate from Glenn's Custard in Cheswick
    7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word. Agreeable
    8. What is the last book you read? My First Five Husbands by Rue McClanahan (see MIL question)
    9. Do you have any "frenemies?" My friend, Jenn, I love to hate her.
    10. Please make up one question for a poll to be done later this week. If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive who would they be?
    11. What's for lunch? turkey sandwich, pringle honey butter sticks (OMG delicious) and a cottage cheese double. very boring.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_tuesday-funtime-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:30a46781-280d-4d6a-b05b-864a67afcb4dPost:4dce23a6-6515-4149-81ee-4a0aa512ec34">Re: Tuesday Funtime Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also finished "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" last week and liked it.
    Posted by LaFemmeRousse[/QUOTE]

Love that book!!!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mid-high 70s, NO HUMIDITY!
    Zara (although their only US store is in NY :( so that shouldn't count,  H&M and 10,000 Villages
    I've always admired Eleanor Roosevelt
    Gossip Girl lol
    NY Times travel section
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from?
    Coffee flavored! From Cafe Tortoni in Buenos Aires (the only thing not ridic. expensive there!)
    Okay. GRRRR (The only thing he has cared about were the beers we're going to have on tap at the reception, MEN!)
    8. What is the last book you read? Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight(very odd title but good read, a woman's memoir of her white childhood in Africa, her parents were originally from England)
    None now, just drama with this girl in high school. She was forever fabricating stuff I did to her and then typing it up in a letter and handing it to me, she was ODD
    If you could travel to any place tomorrow (excluding finances, work schedules, etc), where would it be?
    11. What's for lunch?
    Yogurt and pretzels
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your ideal summer temperature? The hotter the better! Today is really nice though
    2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in? Victoria's Secret and Ann Taylor
    3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? I LOVE my MIL.. I don't think I would trade her :-)
    4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like? The Bachelorette
    5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read? Sports
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from? a DQ cookie Dough Blizard!
    7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word. Uninvolved
    8. What is the last book you read? Madame de Pompadour: Mistress of France
    9. Do you have any "frenemies?" No.. I try to cut those people out asap
    What is the one thing you will not compromise or bend for the wedding?
    11. What's for lunch?
    Ceasar Salad & Wedding Soup
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_tuesday-funtime-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:30a46781-280d-4d6a-b05b-864a67afcb4dPost:57683743-8bb9-4aed-8c30-0eee0f8197dc">Re: Tuesday Funtime Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in? Zara (although their only US store is in NY :( so that shouldn't count,  H&M and 10,000 Villages
    Posted by phillychica85[/QUOTE]

We have two Zara stores here in Chicago!!

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    We have Zara's in DC too!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There's a Zara on Walnut St. in Philly.
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your ideal summer temperature? 80, low humidity
    2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in? Target and BB&B
    3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? P.C. Cast- one of my favorite authors.
    4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like? Kendra on E! I don't watch it a lot, but it's good mindless TV.
    5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read? The ads/coupons, though that isn't reading. I do read the Parade insert right after though.
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from? Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino- it's currently sitting in my freezer.
    7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word. Easy-going.
    8. What is the last book you read? The newest book in the House of Night series- Burned.
    9. Do you have any "frenemies?" No
    10. Please make up one question for a poll to be done later this week. Do you obey the old rule and wait until after Memorial Day to wear white?
    11. What's for lunch? Salami sandwich, party mix, and a pear.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your ideal summer temperature? 80's, breezy, no humidity :)
    2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in? JCrew and Anthropologie hands down - but I DEF agree that Zara is AMAZING! We have one downtown in Philly!
    3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be? lol - I really like my MIL... I'd like to keep her :) But if I had to trade her, I'd take someone like (Princess) Grace Kelly
    4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like? OMG I have so many! lol - prob The Bachelorette/Bachelor or ANTM
    5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read? Don't get/read the paper. I read my news online.
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from? Coldstone! Cheesecake icecream w/ graham crackers and heath bar ;)
    7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word. I'm going to steal Uninvolved from ros
    8. What is the last book you read? Currently reading Band of Brothers - last read was Dear John
    9. Do you have any "frenemies?" Not that I know of! lol
    10. Please make up one question for a poll to be done later this week. What imaginary/fantasy creature do you wish was real??
    11. What's for lunch? I snuck out and quickly went to subway down the street since I forgot my lunch at hom! yum! BMT on honey oat
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you got some lunch, G!

Oh, and is it sad that I'm already starting to think of answers to the questions everyone came up with? It's a bit slow at work right now, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your ideal summer temperature?  75 degrees and partly sunny
    2. What are your top two favorite stores to shop in?  NY and Co, and Kohl's
    3. If you could exchange your MIL for someone famous, who would it be?   Betty White-she's hilarious
    4. What TV show do you hate to admit that you watch/like? None-I'll admit to liking all the shows I like:-)
    5. What's the first section of the Sunday newspaper that you read? The ads-I always go straight to the coupons and ads...then if there is time I read the polic report!
    6. If you could have ice cream from any place right now, what flavor would it be and where from?The creamery in Cumberland-SOOO good.
    7. Describe your FI/DH's approach to wedding planning in one word.  passive
    8. What is the last book you read? Uh-I just finished one last night-I'm not sure of the name but it was the latest Savannah Reid mystery.
    9. Do you have any "frenemies?"  No but I totally did in high school/college
    10. Please make up one question for a poll to be done later this week.  What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why?
    11. What's for lunch?  Turkey sandwich, fruit cup, yogart-BORING
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Coldstone! Cheesecake icecream w/ graham crackers and heath bar ;)

G-HOLY CRAP!  This sounds like my dream ice cream-now I'm totally craving this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H - OMG It's AMAZING!! I don't know how or why I thought of it but I did and now I can't go past a Coldstone w/out getting it!! :) You DEF have to try it!
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you to all the ladies who alerted me to the fact that I am soooo behind the times where Zara locations are concerned! Especially in my native city ha ha. I first heard about them when I studied in Spain which is now more than four years ago and knew that New York City was their first flagship store here but obviously they've long since expanded!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Way late...but I want to play...
    The hotter the better! I think its easier to cool down than to warm up!
    Hollister and Sephora
    I wouldn't trade her for anyone! ;)
    I don't hate to admit it but I watch intervention.
    I don't read the newspaper.
    I would have Ritas and probably island fusion
    Involved!
    8. What is the last book you read?
    Animals in Translation
    NO! I avoid those types of people!
    If you could change one thing in the world today what would it be and why?
    11. What's for lunch?
    PB&J on wheat, apple, piece of cake, and pudding.  :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards