African American Weddings

What skin care products do you use?

I'm trying to find some new product/products to use.  I guess I would describe my skin as normal but i do have the occasional breakout (which is happening right now to my dismay).

So, what do you use?
I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio

Re: What skin care products do you use?

• edited December 2011
    I occasionally use ole fashioned Noxzema for cleansing and shea butter at night to moisturize (especially in the super :cold winter like tonight: 19 degrees F).  However, for daily care I use Philosophy products.  Purity face wash and Hope in a Jar moisturizer.  As far as I know, both products receive rave reviews from users with various skin types.  You can read reviews at philosophy.com, qvc.com, or sephora.com  You may also want to research Aveeno products or Dr. Susan Taylor's Rx (She is my dermatologist and specializes in skin of color.  Her products are  available at Sephora and she is very knowledgeable on caring for our skin).  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I use Aveeno Postively Radiant on my face and neck. Absolutely the best stuff in the world.I also have normal skin. In the mornings I wash with the Aveeno and moisturize with the Ambi moisturizer( great stuff cost like 11.00 for a small bottle, so I use it sparingly)!!
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wash my face with Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, exfoliate (occassionally) with Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Scrub, and use Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion.  I use Burt Bee's Blemish stick for occasioanl breakouts and cocoa butter so that it doesn't leave a dark spot.
  • edited December 2011
    I use Avon Anew products for my skin care routine.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an Origins person, Balancing Diet line for normal skin.  In a pitch, I'll also use Oil of Olay foaming cleanser and daily moisterizer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards