April 2013 Weddings

Someone mentioned the Nest.. How soon til the Bump?!

How many of you ladies are thinking babies after the wedding?? I'm waiting til I'm finished nursing school in 2 years but baby fever hits me HARD sometimes!! You'd think with wedding planning I wouldn't even have time to think about babies but there's currently a baby boom in mine and FI family and I can't take it!! haha
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Someone mentioned the Nest.. How soon til the Bump?!

• I want a spring baby so I would like to be pregnant in July - but FI is not so sure about moving that quickly lol.

• We already have one.  DD will be 3 at the wedding.  I have the fever bad.  We want to buy a house first though so probably start trying next August.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    I have major baby fever too. I'm young though and we plan to enjoy a year or two as newlyweds before trying.

Anniversary
  • Haha, oh Ally, I'm glad you beat me to this.  I've been getting baby fever lately, too.  I'm thinking after grad school, which won't start till Jan 2014 at the earliest, so it could be awhile for me.  Who knows what will actually happen but that's the plan for now.  We also want to buy a house if FI gets reassigned in Tampa so we're saving for a down payment now that we've saved up enough for the wedding.  After the down payment, we will start saving for the kiddos :-)
  • Haha I have baby fever! We have a house and good cars, but I want to be married a year and get our emergency savings plumped up befor we start trying. So maybe 2 years after we are married the first will make its appearance, hopefully!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm in more of a hurry than James is...a couple years probably.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • I already bumped.  lol  Dd will be almost 6 when we finally make it official.  We would love more, but I have an irregular heartbeat and the doc has said no more pregnancies.  It's not life-threatening, but it would definitely cause problems during pregnancy that, frankly, we're not willing to risk.  We'll be looking into adoption as soon as the ink dries on our marriage certificate.  It will be at least a year before we're approved and then who knows how long until we're matched and the adoption actually goes through.  I'm guessing it will be 3-4 years after we're married before we are able to add to our family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • NO BABIES FOR MEEEE!!!!! Tongue out

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already have a little 2 year old girl (but the father is not my FI) but he is so good with her.  We are thinking of having babies together probably a year to two years after the wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol. The only reason we're getting legally married is that we decided to have babies together. I love him tremendously but the marriage paperwork is less important to me than the committment of getting pregnant and raising kids together. We've got some stuff this winter/spring that isn't compatible with pregnancy, then we're going to start trying in June. I'm 32. I have my PhD. I picked the boy and we're happy and stable. I don't need to wait any longer. Conveniently I just found out I'm getting a giant raise this spring which will really help with paying for those future babies. Yay. Grown up life.
  • I'm in no hurry.  My fiance and I will be living in an older house that he owns for the first year which I refuse to have a baby in (it's not in good shape and in a bad neighborhood), saving up money, hopefully buying a house after our first year of marriage, and then I want to enjoy my new house without a baby for a year, so we probably won't start trying until April 2015 at the earliest.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I don't know if we will, if we do it will be within 2 years. I'm torn on kids/no kids.
  • Spunky414Spunky414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Does our dog count? Neither of us wants human kids.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are actually looking to buy a house now ( I know, wedding planning and trying to sell a house at the same time!) so our pending children will have a place to sleep!  My fiance wanted to concieve during the 2014 World Cup because we were planning to go to Brazil to see some of the games. However we learned that the cost would be $12000 for the both of us to go! (outrageous!!) So now we dont have any set date at this point. I defintely want us to be able to save up some money since all of our money is going to the wedding.  I am thinking maybe at least a year after the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • baby fever here!  I am going off BCP now and hope to have a bump as early as May :-)
  • I go back and fourth! I think I want some time as a newlywed (atleast a year!) FI and I will be starting to look for houses in January. I figure I can stop my bc a little after the wedding and just go with the flow and try not to make a big deal out of trying to get pregnant.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have done everything backwards lol and FI and I have an 8 yr old dd, and a 2 yr old dd. I desperately want a boy.... But not so much another girl and child care is excruciatingly expensive.... So I don't know what will happen. Honestly I will be happy either way, our family is full and happy now, but another baby would be a blessing as well.... Guess we will see. Oh and a piece of advice to all of you who aren't mommies yet... Trust your gut and enjoy some time as newleyweds, you will never be just the 2 of you again after u have babies... Good luck to all of you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Heh, yeah right. Not anytime soon for us. Priorities to sort out first include finishing our PhDs (will be done by the summer), paying off our student loans, finding full-time stable employment in the same country (which will require one of us sponsoring the other to gain permanent residency).
  • We have talked about kids til we are both blue in the face. We know that we want them but when is the question.Right now I am looking around the time I am 30 which is in 4 more years. I don't think he cares because he has Peter Pan syndrome. All he knows is that out of the 2 we do want one of them better be a girl. Hopefully the drs were wrong like they were with my sis and I will be able to get pregnant with no problem.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Reading all the posts I was getting nervous that there wasn'tany ladies that wanted a baby right after the wedding.  I'd be happy getting pregnant on the honeymoon and my FI feels the same way!  We have been together for years, we already bought our house and we are both in decent and stable jobs.  So we figured why not just have a baby right after we're married.  Sometimes we joke that we wish we could just skip the wedding and get to the starting our family part!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need a full time teaching job first.  Also, I like my life the way it is, you know?  I'm still to selfish with my time to have a baby.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_someone-mentioned-the-nest-how-soon-til-the-bump?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:1fdd6251-5d03-430a-adff-989307e7a87fPost:c8d50af0-4a24-48a9-844e-5a62ddd69a4a">Re: Someone mentioned the Nest.. How soon til the Bump?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reading all the posts I was getting nervous that there wasn'tany ladies that wanted a baby right after the wedding.  I'd be happy getting pregnant on the honeymoon and my FI feels the same way!  We have been together for years, we already bought our house and we are both in decent and stable jobs.  So we figured why not just have a baby right after we're married.  Sometimes we joke that we wish we could just skip the wedding and get to the starting our family part!
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is ALMOST my situation. We bought a nice house with plenty of room for babies, FI graduated with a Masters degree and has a great job, and I have had babies on the brain. BUT I get ahead of myself because FI and I would both prefer to wait til I have my degree too, just so we can have plenty of money to put away for vacations and college funds. It's so hard because my hormones screeeeam sometimes when I see a baby or baby clothes, and I just can't freaking wait until I get pregnant. </div><div>
    </div><div>It's hard when I see we already have the means of supporting a child and still live comfortably, but the way my FI grew up his parents made a ton of money and put it all away so they were able to graduate college debt free, which really helped him out, and wants to do the same for our child. We wouldn't feel it's fair to have a baby just cause we're anxious when if we wait a little longer we can give them everything they ever needed. It's sooo hard to wait though! 

</div>
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hehehe...I get to marry into tens of thousands of dollars of school loans that need to be repaid :-P  I paid mine off right after I started this job but FI went to Embry-Riddle as an out-of-state student for 3 years...joy :-D  I read somewhere, that he could get student loan forgiveness if he continues this job for another 6 years.  Hopefully they don't take away that perk!  Luckily, my Master's will be covered by the GI Bill I earned but even after all of the school debt is figured in, we still have two car payments to pay and we want to get a house soon after we get married.  I think it's best if we focus on the finances for another couple of years ;-)
  • Not planning it anytime soon. I'm just starting to warm to the idea of being a mom. Babies make me nervous! They are definitely part of FI and my life plan...but not immediately.

We have a house together and it's actually in great condition in a great neighborhood. There are still things we want to fix up tho. We also want to build up a large cushion fund before we plan on any expensive babies! :)

I'm thinking at least a year, maybe two...but at the same time, once we're married - if a baby comes along before fully planned, so be it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards