Ohio-Cleveland

Thoughts on 100TH Bomb Group off Brookpark?

Has anyone used them? What did you think? We are planning a hometown reception after our D.W. Want to keep the reception casual, but still a lot of fun (drinks, h'ors d. and dancing). We will have around 80 people. Any guidance is much appreciated. Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thoughts on 100TH Bomb Group off Brookpark?

• HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the 100th Bomb Group as a possibility for our rehearsal dinner.  It's so beautiful and the staff were great.  They have a few private rooms to use depending on your party size.  The reason we didn't go with them is that we felt they were pretty expensive compared to our other option--which happened to be closer to our venue anyway. 

The 100th Bomb group is pretty swanky, so if you're going for a casual feel it might not be the right fit for you.  Regardless, you should go check it out!
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception there on July 30th. We are expecting about 140 people and will be using the large ballroom. They also have a smaller room with a patio and gazebo which sounds perfect for you. I actually like the smaller room better; it's very cozy, has great views and your guests have the option of going outside throughout the reception. As PP said, it's a bit pricey. The minimum food/beverage charge for the smaller room is $6,000. This includes open bar (4 hours), appetizers, full dinner, linens, some decor, and the cake. What's nice about them is that you will work with SRC events and they coordinate the whole thing. They have preferred vendors for lighting, decor, etc, so if you want to add extra decor that charge will added to you room minimum.

To give you an idea of food, here's our menu:
    - Appetizers include displays of cheese/fruit/crackers and veggies
    -Passed Appetizers: Beef satay and spanikopita
    - Dinner options: Duet of top sirloin and stuffed shrimp, marinated chicken vinaigrette, or vegetable wellington

You can also choose to have a buffet, instead.

As for the atmosphere, it is more upscale. When you say "casual" envision people is jeans and tank tops, which would definitely not be appropriate there. But we all have our own definition of casual.

I can't say much about the actual service yet, since wehaven't had our wedding. Although, they have been very accomdating for me as an OOT bride.

That was longer than planned! lol HTH, though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards