North Carolina

Honeymoon Help

I am starting to research locations for our honeymoon. We will be going at the end of May- the first week of June. I want to go somewhere where we can lay on the beach , eat, drink and relax but I do not want to spend a ton of money. Does anyone have any suggestions or resorts to suggest?
I am in Cary, NC so I am not sure if anyone used a travel agent in the area.
Thank you!
Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.

Re: Honeymoon Help

• edited December 2011
    are you thinking US beach or caribbean? and what is your budget? these will be helpful :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I vacationed at Hilton Head (SC) years ago and absolutely loved it.  There are pricey hotels and there are more discounted hotels, so it would all depend on your budget.  Also, if you want to drive longer or perhaps fly, there is a beautiful beach at Panama City, FL -- I think there is a resort there called White Sands or something nearby called that -- it is really really beautiful and doesn't cost as much as your typical "beach" towns like Miami or Daytona.  

Myrtle Beach is always popular but since it's such a popular tourist spot, I wouldn't go there for a HM.  You could always look at North outerbanks like North Topsail, Atlantic Beach, anywhere on the Crystal Coast, or the Elizabeth City area. 

If you're looking beyond the southeastern US ... I'm not much help.  Sorry! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    My FMIL is at Edisto Island in SC right now....it's about 45 minutes south of Charleston. She said it is very quiet, and beautiful. 

If you're looking for Caribbean, we are going to St. Thomas, but the side of the island that is not touristy. 
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to Aruba for our honeymoon. We are in Cary too and we are not using a travel agent. I don't know what your budget is but for 5 nights on priceline including insurance and airport transfer its only going to cost us about $2000 and I think that is an awesome deal!
    Photobucket

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our honeymoon through AAA and got a good price.

I'd need some more details before suggesting specific locations or assuming what you mean by "not a ton of money". 
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our honeymoon through Costco travel.  We are going to Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea but I know Costco has awesome deals for Carribbean and Mexico as well.
    TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET BFN
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • edited December 2011

Xu Puha (sp?) in Mexico is AI.  Check out Hilton Head Resort as there may be reasonable condos to rent for a week.  Jacksonville Beach is nice too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey HMZ--have you ever traveled through Costco before?  I'd love to think about Tahiti, but have no idea what the cost would be.  If you don't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.  Barbara

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are some lovely beaches around the gulf. Another option might be to take a cruise. You can get some out of charleston, savannah, or driveable ports in florida. Some hotels will even let you keep your car at the hotel if you use them the night before your cruise.  There are some awesome deals of cruises out there if you do some digging. 
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our honeymoon with a travel agent out of Apex, NC who I think operates independently through a larger travel company. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, because it's one of those "his wife knows my fiance's mom" scenarios, so I can't say we had a really solid reason for booking with him, but he's been good to work with.

We're headed to Maui that same week (1st week of June), but I know he'd help you find an affordable package for a local or low-key honeymoon as well, especially if you'd prefer working with an agent instead of trying to book everything yourself.

PM me and I can send you his email address if you want it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards